Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Uninstall ms-20 driver ERROR 2753

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vonMuerte

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Uninstall ms-20 driver ERROR 2753 Reply with quote

I have two drivers in add/remove programs. I can't remove the corrupt drivers to reinstall. I always get the following error code : 2753.k_coinst.exe

How can I remove the registry entries, or the bug that won't let me start over?

XP Pro
loggerkey

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windows?

Open this zip-file: http://www.korg.de/uploads/tx_softwarecenter/KORG_USB_MIDI_ALL.zip

Open the "WIN"-folder.
Read this file: Treiberinstallation_KORG_USB_eng.pdf
vonMuerte

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: KLC1 and MS-20 controller Reply with quote

More specifically, I have within add/remove programs two instances of "Korg USB-MIDI Driver Tools for Windows"
I have already removed the drivers from within the "Devices" panel - There is nothing there now.

The problem is that I cannot remove from add/remove programs these two instances of "Driver Tools," and therefore cannot properly reinstall my MS-20. I can get it to work as a generic USB Audio device, but that's no fun.

I am the original purchaser/owner, and I can remember the good ole days when she popped up in my DAW as "Korg MS-20." I have too many other controllers that show as "USB Audio device," and this has gotten confusing.

Thank you for your help with this matter,
XP Pro system 32bit
loggerkey

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this.

Open the registry editor, go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32

and delete the entries midi/midi1/midi2... associated with the KORG-Drivers.

Restart the computer.

Or download the Windows installer cleanup utility an try to find the installer and delete it.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/9/d/e9d80355-7ab4-45b8-80e8-983a48d5e1bd/msicuu2.exe
renatofourie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: cant unistall nano series drivers/whatevs not makin em work Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad Confused i cant find any option for uninstalling the drvtool and or the korg midi driver ,as found little info about it, i thought id uninstall and start fresh ?? jaa nee?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: