Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

promises promises
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lesfarrington

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:25 am    Post subject: promises promises Reply with quote

well, first of all the Kronos sounds great. i bought this unit on the advertised feature of EDITOR SOFTWARE that allows the Kronos to be used as a PLUG-IN on your favorite DAW and then when you save the DAW song it also saves the STATE OF THE KRONOS so you dont have to reset all the presets or use a COMBI that matches the song your working on. what Korg neglected to mention is that the SOFTWARE FOR THAT FEATURE IS NOT AVAILABLE YET. thier website mentions NOTHING of this. and in fact the website hasnt changed ONE BIT in months.
youd think also that such a big company selling 3500 dollar synths would be capable enough of posting YOUTUBE TUTORIALS. these are the days of HIGH DEF VIDEOS ON CELLPHONES! there are soccer moms posting more useful content on facebook!!!! SURELY SOMEONE AT KORG HAS THOUGHT "HEY, WE KINDA MISGUIDED OUR CUSTOMERS INTO BUYING AN UNFINISHED PRODUCT, WHY DONT WE HELP THEM OUT WITH A FEW VIDEO TUTORIALS"...nope. im beginning to think i should have bought the ARTURIA ORIGIN KEYBOARD at this point.
FURTHERMORE, Logic Audio is not working the way it used to since connecting the Kronos. ive had to resort to experimenting with WHICH ONE TO TURN ON FIRST....i think ive got it figured out and then VOILA it reverses on me.
i cant seem to figure out what is up and wouldnt it be nice if KORG was posting YOUTUBE content instead of waiting for Craig Anderton orLen Sasso to post something. ITS YOUR PRODUCT FOR GODS SAKE!!! ANY PRIDE THERE? If i manufactured such a product YOU COULDNT STOP ME FROM POSTING VIDEO TUTORIALS!
this instrument offers such promise.......so when does it come true?
Flood

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOUD NOISES!

ROAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Chriskk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the price you pay for being an early adopter. I personally don't buy a first generation product.
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technically, Kronos is a second-generation OASYS. Laughing
X-Trade

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Korg does post tutorials on youtube. Rolling Eyes
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilDragon wrote:
Technically, Kronos is a second-generation OASYS. Laughing

Or a third generation Karma

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
LyonsT

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it ridiculous that companies don't get EVERYTHING ready THEN release it, same with Hammond at the moment they are releasing their new SK range, except the accessories needed to use them such as the expression pedal (EXP-50f) isn't out until august.. /rant
Borsini Piano Accordion
Laste7

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better this way than waiting again 6 months for the release of the Kronos....
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: promises promises Reply with quote

lesfarrington wrote:
well, first of all the Kronos sounds great. i bought this unit on the advertised feature of EDITOR SOFTWARE that allows the Kronos to be used as a PLUG-IN on your favorite DAW and then when you save the DAW song it also saves the STATE OF THE KRONOS so you dont have to reset all the presets or use a COMBI that matches the song your working on. what Korg neglected to mention is that the SOFTWARE FOR THAT FEATURE IS NOT AVAILABLE YET. thier website mentions NOTHING of this. and in fact the website hasnt changed ONE BIT in months.
youd think also that such a big company selling 3500 dollar synths would be capable enough of posting YOUTUBE TUTORIALS. these are the days of HIGH DEF VIDEOS ON CELLPHONES! there are soccer moms posting more useful content on facebook!!!! SURELY SOMEONE AT KORG HAS THOUGHT "HEY, WE KINDA MISGUIDED OUR CUSTOMERS INTO BUYING AN UNFINISHED PRODUCT, WHY DONT WE HELP THEM OUT WITH A FEW VIDEO TUTORIALS"...nope. im beginning to think i should have bought the ARTURIA ORIGIN KEYBOARD at this point.
FURTHERMORE, Logic Audio is not working the way it used to since connecting the Kronos. ive had to resort to experimenting with WHICH ONE TO TURN ON FIRST....i think ive got it figured out and then VOILA it reverses on me.
i cant seem to figure out what is up and wouldnt it be nice if KORG was posting YOUTUBE content instead of waiting for Craig Anderton orLen Sasso to post something. ITS YOUR PRODUCT FOR GODS SAKE!!! ANY PRIDE THERE? If i manufactured such a product YOU COULDNT STOP ME FROM POSTING VIDEO TUTORIALS!

As an "early adopter" of the Alesis Fusion, the fact that all you are waiting for is a piece of editing software for the PC when the board is released makes you pretty lucky. At least the board itself is feature complete. I'm still waiting on my pattern sequencer. If you don't like it, return it.
::: Korg Kronos 88 ::: Alesis Fusion 8HD ::: Kurzweil PC361 ::: Roland V-Synth ::: DSI Prophet 12 ::: DSI OB-6 ::: Korg Prophecy ::: Moog Micromoog ::: Yamaha CP-30 ::: Alesis Andromeda ::: Moog Sub37 ::: Sequential Prophet 600 ::: Korg MS2000BR ::: GSI Burn :::

My Music
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use my Korg M50 for live gigging mainly and I almost never use the editor. Of course it will be useful for a lot of people (the editor for the Kronos), but you already have all the musical possibilities in the hardware itself. It can run without the editor too.

About video tutorials: the PDF handbooks are very clear and complete and beside, the Korg's UI is one of the best there is, so it's not difficult to find out things yourself just by trying.

I'm glad Korg uses most resources for making the hardware right instead of beautiful/promo video tutorials.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: promises promises Reply with quote

lesfarrington wrote:
SOFTWARE FOR THAT FEATURE IS NOT AVAILABLE YET.

It is fairly normal for the editor release to be later than the keyboard. Would you have preferred waiting a month or two for your keyboard for the editor software to be available? I wouldn't.

The Kronos is JUST BEGINNING to ship. Have a little patience.

lesfarrington wrote:

youd think also that such a big company selling 3500 dollar synths would be capable enough of posting YOUTUBE TUTORIALS. these are the days of HIGH DEF VIDEOS ON CELLPHONES! there are soccer moms posting more useful content on facebook!!!!

The Kronos Video Manual was posted by Korg two weeks ago:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=62496

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/

Last edited by MartinHines on Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
jahrome

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: promises promises Reply with quote

MartinHines wrote:
lesfarrington wrote:
SOFTWARE FOR THAT FEATURE IS NOT AVAILABLE YET.

It is fairly normal for the editor release to be later than the keyboard. Would you have preferred waiting a month or two for your keyboard for the editor software to be avaiable. I wouldn't.

The Kronos is JUST BEGINNING to ship. Have a little patience.

lesfarrington wrote:

youd think also that such a big company selling 3500 dollar synths would be capable enough of posting YOUTUBE TUTORIALS. these are the days of HIGH DEF VIDEOS ON CELLPHONES! there are soccer moms posting more useful content on facebook!!!!

The Kronos Video Manual was posted by Korg two weeks ago:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=62496

If memory serves me correct...Fantom G, Fantom XR, Motif ES rack all shipped with editors.
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: promises promises Reply with quote

jahrome wrote:
If memory serves me correct...Fantom G, Fantom XR, Motif ES rack all shipped with editors.

Exactly. Would you want the Kronos to be THAT crappy just so the software is out before the first unit ships?

The vast majority of customers would want the keyboard early if the software wasn't ready. I don't use the software and I'm betting the majority don't either.
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: promises promises Reply with quote

lesfarrington wrote:

I have to agree with you ..although I probably wont use that feature. I wish they had a better detailed video of the disk save,edit and write program feature...and of the entire Global Mode.

Anymore, many companies throw out products before fully testing them so as to get it to the market quicker. The end user gets it quicker but we are the "product guinea pigs" finding all the bugs/problems they overlook.
jahrome

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: promises promises Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
jahrome wrote:

Exactly. Would you want the Kronos to be THAT crappy just so the software is out before the first unit ships?

The vast majority of customers would want the keyboard early if the software wasn't ready. I don't use the software and I'm betting the majority don't either.

I wouldn't dare speak for the vast majority of customers. Neither should you. Besides, I personally don't care what anyone else wants. But just like the Motif XF and Fantom G/X, an editor is a key feature.

And I agree that a company shouldn't advertise something that isn't available...or at least clearly indicate to customers that it isn't available yet. Anything else would be dishonest and/or misleading.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: