Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best deal on korg Kronos 88

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sfernald

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:58 pm    Post subject: Best deal on korg Kronos 88 Reply with quote

I got the money burning a hole in my pocket to buy a korg Kronos 88.

Where is the best place I can get a deal?

I am in Ca. So that probably excludes dealers in Ca due to sales tax.

If you know a dealer or are a dealer you can just pm me. This is a serious request.

Thanks all!
madbeatzyo111

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best deal you'll find at the moment is to buy in the US--which you got covered already Wink Folks in EU are paying something like 30% markup compared to us (US). Beyond that, there are always those famous 15% GC coupons...
sfernald

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madbeatzyo111 wrote:
The best deal you'll find at the moment is to buy in the US--which you got covered already Wink Folks in EU are paying something like 30% markup compared to us (US). Beyond that, there are always those famous 15% GC coupons...

Gc would just be about 6% off after taxes though.

I'm willing to wait as long as necessary for a great deal to come around. Also watching eBay for users that buy it and resell after a week because it just doesn't work for them for whatever reason. I got a motif xf brand new basically that way.
Dave Ferris

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sfernald--check your pms..

2005 NY Steinway D
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sfernald wrote:
watching eBay for users that buy it and resell after a week because it just doesn't work for them for whatever reason.

That's kinda silly when they could return it to the store for a refund.

Rolling Eyes
madbeatzyo111

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I feel it is a bit bad form to return such large ticket items for full refunds unless there is a defect. You should really have done your research beforehand and know positively without a doubt you want that particular model. IMO it's my fault for not demoing it properly beforehand and I should suck up the loss and sell it on the used market--rather than returning it to the dealer who will be forced to sell it as a used item, or worse sell it to some unsuspecting customer as new.
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sfernald wrote:
Also watching eBay for users that buy it and resell after a week because it just doesn't work for them for whatever reason. I got a motif xf brand new basically that way.

Many times those are music store employees (or someone who has purchased at a discount) and are selling to make money.

Note that if you buy any used Kronos (regardless of how new it is), you will not have a Korg USA warranty. The Korg USA warranty is only for the original purchaser, and you are required to submit your original store sales receipt when you make a warranty repair claim.

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madbeatzyo111 wrote:
the dealer who will be forced to sell it as a used item, or worse sell it to some unsuspecting customer as new.

Guitar Center encourages people to take things home and try them for 30 days.

Most of the time if gear is returned after only one or two weeks, stores offer it as a new, "open box" item at a slight discount.

Last edited by Synthoid on Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Best deal on korg Kronos 88 Reply with quote

sfernald wrote:

Your best option would be to call a number of authorized Korg dealers and ask them their price for a "brand new, not a demo, Korg Kronos plus shipping".

Use the dealer locator function below to find dealers
http://www.korg.com/Support.aspx

If you really shop around you should probably be able to buy a Kronos for a 10-15% discount of of the MAP (Internet Price). Be prepared to call a number of dealers, and don't be afraid to take each best price to the next dealer to see if they will beat it.

Your absolute best deal would probably be available in 6 months when the initial demand goes down.

As a frame of reference, many of us early buyers were only able to get a $200 discount on any Kronos model.

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
sfernald

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madbeatzyo111 wrote:
Well I feel it is a bit bad form to return such large ticket items for full refunds unless there is a defect. You should really have done your research beforehand and know positively without a doubt you want that particular model. IMO it's my fault for not demoing it properly beforehand and I should suck up the loss and sell it on the used market--rather than returning it to the dealer who will be forced to sell it as a used item, or worse sell it to some unsuspecting customer as new.

I agree. I consider myself a good buyer and I wouldn't do this. Maybe if it was GC. But if it's Nick's Pianos in Idaho and I already negotiated the guy down to the bleeding point, I would never return it to him unless it was defective. My loss. It goes on ebay or amazon or craigslist. That's why I do the research to save the money. Otherwise just buy from GC.
neotrope

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Best deal on korg Kronos 88 Reply with quote

sfernald wrote:
I got the money burning a hole in my pocket to buy a korg Kronos 88.

I am in Ca. So that probably excludes dealers in Ca due to sales tax.

If you know a dealer or are a dealer you can just pm me. This is a serious request.

Thanks all!

Just head's up to fellow Calif. residents, it's actually the LAW now that if you buy something like a Kronos out of state, you still have to pay the sales tax on your income tax from. If ever audited, you'll have to pay tax penalty, and still pay the sales tax. So, be aware of that.
With toys like these we can rule the world! In house: Korg Oasys, Triton/MOSS, Kurzweil K2661, Studio Electronics SE1x and CODE8 OD, Moog Voyager, Dave Smith Poly Evolver 8-voice, Access Virus Ti, Alesis A6 Andromeda, V-SynthXT, Muse Receptor, MPC4000, MPC3000 pimped by Forat, Waldorf Q, Gigastudio PC, ProTools LE 7x, Sonar 7x, Yamaha 02R96v2, John Bowden keyboard on pre-order, and more!

Member PRSA, ASCAP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: