Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Time for a user patch base?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jon Lord

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question is will there be enough patches created for such a site to exist (checking the download section here IMO i'ts pretty thin on patches)
if Yes im in for hosting some kind of simple portal for patches for korg (and other) keyboards with ability to upload patches (but with me checking the files first before they go online) with a simple search-function (and perhaps some kind of voting system aswell).

Vlad_77

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think in time there WILL be a larger user base for Kronos patches. Remember this is still being delivered in may parts of the world. I have had mine for one month for example.

Any PC3 series people on here know that the CUNKA website has a TON of free patches. And bear in mind my friends that Kurzweil is not as high profile as "The Big Three." I LOVE my PC3 but without the Sound Tower Editor, the learning curve is atrocious and WITH it you Do get more of an intuitive feel but the complexity of Kurzweil instruments still requires some experimentation to get to grips with VAST, Dynamic VAST, Cascade Mode, and FUNs. Kronos is ALSO an extremely complex instrument in terms of synthesis and kudos to Korg, the UI is a hell of a lot more intuitive than the PC3.

There is a thread here about there not being enough banks. I agree. The reason being is that with nine synth engines - this instrument BEGS to be filled with user patches without sacrificing others. The app made by Michael DOES help in determining what Combis use what patches and so is as another user put it, a godsend. But, I would think (hope) that an OS update could accommodate some more user banks, perhaps in the way that we drill deeper into GM banks? But I could be wrong. This is the first Korg synth I have owned since the Wavestation EX and I am finding myself having to get used to Korg speak again. It does get confusing between all of these manufacturers!

Except for the weird SGX-1 problem I am experiencing however, Kronos is a hell of a synth.

I am willing to wager that in a year from now we will see a TON of Kronos patches. Sharp has already created Kronos Assault and since Kronos can read OASYS PCG. we do have a wealth to draw upon already. In addition, just think of all of those DX7 patches we can import to MOD-7 and really get to tweaking! Wink

Ahimsa,
Vlad
Current gear: Kronos, Jupiter 80, Kurzweil PC3,Roland Fantom X8, Roland XV-88 (yep, its old, but the ACTION is heaven and those XV-3080 sounds are still wonderful for me), Radias-R, Motif ES (yeah it's older but I love the guitars Wink )
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Busch has made a dozen and I half a dozen programs in one week, just covering some EPiano and organ stuff. I have no doubts, that once the project is running there will be many dozens of patches from many users in no time.

Sharp, as soon as you are back on board, can you answer the hosting question for this site here?
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will eventually probably many more users of the Kronos since the price is within limit also for non professional people (altough probably there are enthousiastics who bought an Oasys).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just saying... my site has my own eprsonal collection of kronos patches (not up currently for various reasons)
but the place is there in beta form.

if anyone wants to add their stuff ill be glad to host it!

Current gear: Korg Kronos 61, Oberheim OB-8, Alesis Vortex
Past Gear: Triton Extreme w/moss & ram, Korg Radias, Kurzweil Micropiano, Triton classic, & Karma
Come visit my Burbank California repair shop/recording studio! Rosensound.com
And my band: Sirion.us.com
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robbinhood,

can you give a signal when your Kronos patch base is out of beta stage and online?

I guess I and others might add patches now and then. And at least we would have a start, as long as no other solution is in sight.

Question to Dan and Rick:
Wouldn't it make sense to put such a Kronos user patch base online for Korg US? it's probably the most visited Korg site, and the Kronos support page could carry a link:
this way both users and Korg would profit from showcasing how versatile a Kronos sound arsenal can be.
This would work especially well if the site would allow registered user to upload
a) a pcg file
b) a short mp3 demo of the sound if availabe
Perhaps some sound catgories would make sense as well.

Please clarify if
a) you are principally interested, but can't yet name a point in time
b) you are interested and will put such a page online during the next two months
c) you are not interested at all
Teh Mick

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robbinhood wrote:
just saying... my site has my own eprsonal collection of kronos patches (not up currently for various reasons)

I would like to say thank you for your samples of the SRX Harpsichord, JV Jimmy Dee and Goblins. I tried to download the PCG but it was a 404 link. I ended up making my own programs instead. It's good to play Black Diamond with the original sound Smile
Roland JD-990
Novation Remote SL Compact
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys.

I will be updating the download section in a few days, so... if you send me your PCG's or whatever you want uploaded, it will all be added to the KRONOS section when it opens.

Sorry for the delay. There's just so much going on here at the moment.

Regards
Sharp
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Hi Guys.

I will be updating the download section in a few days, so... if you send me your PCG's or whatever you want uploaded, it will all be added to the KRONOS section when it opens.

Sorry for the delay. There's just so much going on here at the moment.

Regards
Sharp

That's good news Sharp!
Thanks.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
robbinhood,

can you give a signal when your Kronos patch base is out of beta stage and online?

I guess I and others might add patches now and then. And at least we would have a start, as long as no other solution is in sight.

I am ready to launch everything. what I'm doing since theres no "save one combi or program" thing yet (hopefully in the editor!) i am initializing another bank to put programs one by one unless multiple are needed for a combi. I personally will not do too much audio clips. but if you wish too i WILL put it up.

So yes, if you want to contribute to my patch base please email me at robbinhood.92@gmail.com

Teh Mick wrote:
robbinhood wrote:
just saying... my site has my own personal collection of kronos patches (not up currently for various reasons)

I would like to say thank you for your samples of the SRX Harpsichord, JV Jimmy Dee and Goblins. I tried to download the PCG but it was a 404 link. I ended up making my own programs instead. It's good to play Black Diamond with the original sound Smile

The SRX haprsi is very good! jimmee dee is an amazing sound i use a lot in my band. and of course goblins is a must for sany dream theater fan who cant stop playing metropolis!

Heres the PCG http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3657402/Patches/Kronos/bug.zip

That is the full pcg of all my custom programs in banks u F - hd1 and u G - exi and combis in bank i e
This is NOT the pcg going on website btw.

also, please let me say that vary few of those roland samples would be possible if it wasnt for my close friend Alex (plisken on these forums, we know eachother in real life...) and he is the s**t for letting me borrow his JV. we are currently working on getting those same samples in 24-bit

Past Gear: Triton Extreme w/moss & ram, Korg Radias, Kurzweil Micropiano, Triton classic, & Karma
Teh Mick

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everytime I hit the Goblins patch, I have to play the break in Metropolis where that sound is used.
Roland JD-990
Novation Remote SL Compact
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i feel your pain!

Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am proud to announce working links and a full download area for Kronos/Oasys

http://robertrosen.weebly.com/kronos--oasys.html

If you want to contribute let me know

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this ... altough I don't have a Kronos I can use them as test cases for my app.

jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the initiative, Robin!

I will upload a bundle of user patches during the next weeks, then probably both to your place and the new download area which Sharp announced for this forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: