Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Time for a user patch base?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jon Lord

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.korgpatches.com/ Smile a project meanwhile while waiting for kronos. Will start writing some code in the upcoming weeks.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I ask what kind of code you are going to write?

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jon Lord

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically it will be a simple site with different categories for korg instruments like Triton, Kronos, Oays etc etc. and will consist of:

A page that lists patches and you are able to sort patches by "patchname"/rating/creator/downloads etc. clicking on a patch takes you to the patch info page where you can listen on demos (if submitted by user), contact info for user (if submitted), tags(to be able to search for a type of patches) and a description (if submitted).

A searchfunction will be available.

The upload page, have not decided yet if the patches will be A. automatically submitted to the site when uploaded B. or if they will have to go throught an inspection by me first before being submitted to the site.
In any case the process of the patch being added to the site will be fully automated (I haven't yet tried how the Zip function in php works but im sure it will work fine) except from the audiodemos which im still working on how to solve in an efficient way

...And probably more that i have forgot or that i haven't thought of yet. Im open to suggestions. And this project is still in "planning mode" more or less, i have some code for this already done that I have used in other projects which will speed up things abit but since this is developed by me as an hobbyproject I can't say when this will be finished.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon Lord wrote:
Basically it will be a simple site with different categories for korg instruments like Triton, Kronos, Oays etc etc. and will consist of:

A page that lists patches and you are able to sort patches by "patchname"/rating/creator/downloads etc. clicking on a patch takes you to the patch info page where you can listen on demos (if submitted by user), contact info for user (if submitted), tags(to be able to search for a type of patches) and a description (if submitted).

The upload page, have not decided yet if the patches will be A. automatically submitted to the site when uploaded B. or if they will have to go throught an inspection by me first before being submitted to the site.
In any case the process of the patch being added to the site will be fully automated (I haven't yet tried how the Zip function in php works but im sure it will work fine) except from the audiodemos which im still working on how to solve in an efficient way

...And probably more that i have forgot or that i haven't thought of yet. Im open to suggestions. And this project is still in "planning mode" more or less, i have some code for this already done that I have used in other projects which will speed up things abit but since this is developed by me as an hobbyproject I can't say when this will be finished.

Sounds very good ... however I thought you meant application code for a program, but you mean of course web site code.

I'm looking forward (don't have a Kronos but when the time I have one hopefully your site is growing).

And I fully understand time ... I'm also busy with a hobby project and my projects mostly tend to be too time consuming ... hope you achieve what you want.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon Lord wrote:

I really hope this works. I would like to contribute if at all possible!

Current gear: Korg Kronos 61, Oberheim OB-8, Alesis Vortex
Past Gear: Triton Extreme w/moss & ram, Korg Radias, Kurzweil Micropiano, Triton classic, & Karma
Come visit my Burbank California repair shop/recording studio! Rosensound.com
And my band: Sirion.us.com
daybyter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would add an XML interface to the site, so you can get at least a list of available patches from the site. This could later be used from within an editor, so you could download new patches directly into the editor.
Jon Lord

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daybyter wrote:
I would add an XML interface to the site, so you can get at least a list of available patches from the site. This could later be used from within an editor, so you could download new patches directly into the editor.
Good idea but not sure if I willl implement exactly that (base whole site om XML, which I have very low experience in, have just parsed XML, not created it) but perhaps some kind of simple RSS feed for latest patches (not sure yet how i will do this yet).
But what editor are you talking about, the official editor? Im pretty sure it won't have a feature like that anyways.

daybyter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought about michelkeijzers's app for now.

It seems, noone defined such a format yet?

This is the closest project, I could find:

http://www.nmrailrunners.org/synth/gpc/
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My app currently only can read PCGs and extract information out of it for generating lists. It can be used for generating text lists which can be easily changed into XML by some (novice) programmer. The output of my app can be CSV (comma separated files) which can be load directly by e.g. Excel.

However, my app cannot load banks or programs (yet). Hopefully later it will have some (basic) librarian functions.

What I also can do is make an output in XML. Maybe it's a good idea. If you want it, ask and I put it on my future ideas list.

Jon Lord

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If everything goes well im expecting to launch the site within 7days, most likely before the end of this month. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: