Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Importing oasys combi's into kronos
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
carmol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: Importing oasys combi's into kronos Reply with quote

hello,
does somebody tried to import oasys combi's
into kronos?
I'd like to load "groove 02" combis from the oasys
download section into kronos, but I wonder
what would be the result.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a Kronos but I think according to the specs/docs it should be possible.

Remember that when you load combis you also need to load the used programs used in the combi.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See Stephen's reply .. http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=63588
Teh Mick

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will load, but I'm pretty sure the program assignment will be wrong. Make sure to have the OASYS Voice Name List and Kronos Voice Name List side by side and remap the program.
Roland JD-990
Novation Remote SL Compact
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's so strange you cannot load combi INCLUDING the needed programs (with automatic reference changes).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
It's so strange you cannot load combi INCLUDING the needed programs (with automatic reference changes).

It would be strange if you couldn't. However, you can. The KRONOS can load OASYS PCG files.

- Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
danatkorg

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lou wrote:
See Stephen's reply .. http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=63588

As far as I can tell, Stephen's reply is about importing M3 Combis - not OASYS Combis.

- Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:

It would be strange if you couldn't. However, you can. The KRONOS can load OASYS PCG files.

- Dan

That's what I thought, and then tried loading Catalyst for Oasys, .. not working here? It sounded like an droning explosion.
danatkorg

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lou wrote:
danatkorg wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:

- Dan

That's what I thought, and then tried loading Catalyst for Oasys, .. not working here? It sounded like an droning explosion.

Make sure you load everything that's necessary for the Combis. Do they assume that the OASYS factory PCG is already loaded?

- Dan
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm? I loaded what was available to me, the catalyst pcg for O. I did not load the Oasys pcg. I was under the impression Kronos had it covered? Rolling Eyes
danatkorg

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lou wrote:
Hmm? I loaded what was available to me, the catalyst pcg for O. I did not load the Oasys pcg. I was under the impression Kronos had it covered? Rolling Eyes

Not sure what you mean by that. See my response above. And as Michael noted:

Quote:
Remember that when you load combis you also need to load the used programs used in the combi.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I meant it a little different. It would be nice to load a single combi from a PCG and that automatically the needed programs would be loaded into 16 free (or specified) program slots, and the combi would automatically remap the programs to those new locations.

danatkorg

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
Actually I meant it a little different. It would be nice to load a single combi from a PCG and that automatically the needed programs would be loaded into 16 free (or specified) program slots, and the combi would automatically remap the programs to those new locations.

I agree; more facile handling of dependencies would be great. In this case, however, I suspect that some of the required Programs may not be in the PCG in the first place.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:

I agree; more facile handling of dependencies would be great. In this case, however, I suspect that some of the required Programs may not be in the PCG in the first place.

If I can find the time, I hope to improve my PCG Tools app to get some functionality for moving combis from one PCG to another (or a database) keeping the references intact.

It could be done as follows:
Copy combi from PCG 1 to 2
For each timbre in the combi, if the program is already in PCG 2 reference to that, otherwise copy it from PCG1 and refer to it.

Or in pseudo code:
Copy combi from PCG 1, bank X, location Y to PCG 2, bank X, location Y
For each timbre in combi:
if timbre is inside PCG 2 -> reference timbre to that location
else copy program to a specified (empty?) location in PCG 2 and reference timbre to that location

To check if a program is inside a combi I could use a byte-wise compare (0 differences).

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a bit old topic but since it is referenced in another thread I post to this ...

Currently (actually for quite some time) PCG Tools can copy combis or set list slots from one PCG including the needed programs/combi.

Example:

You have two Kronos PCG files called a.pcg and b.pcg and you want to copy 5 set list slots from one to another INCLUDING the used programs/combis.

What you do:
- Select a.pcg
- Select the 5 set list slots.
- Press Copy, you will see that the clipboard contains 5 set list slots, but also the used programs and combis (and programs used in those combis), let's say 10 programs and 3 combis.
- Go to b.pcg

Then do in any order:
- Select one or more programs where to paste the programs to and press Paste. The programs will be pasted, you can do this also in multiple steps. If the programs cannot be pasted in the bank (because it is a modeled program (EXi) and the bank is a sample bank (HD1) it will not be copied. Select another bank and try again.
- Select one or more combis to paste the combis to and press Paste.
- Do the same for the set list slots.

All references will be automatically fixed.

However, you cannot copy from an Oasys PCG to a Kronos PCG directly. To do this, first convert the Oasys PCG to a Kronos PCG (on the Kronos synth). Then use the steps above.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: