Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Serial numbers of older Korgs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject: Serial numbers of older Korgs Reply with quote

I have a Kronos since a few weeks and those serial numbers seem to start with 0 or 1.

However, I just looked at my very old X5 and it has serial number 680421, but I can't imagine Korg sold over a half million of those.

My M50 has serial 6758 so that sounds reasonable (I did not buy it at the introduction).

I don't have my Extreme around so I cannot check that serial number.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
genesisfan63

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My TRITON Extreme 88 key w/ MOSS Board
Serial #008006
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

genesisfan63 wrote:
My TRITON Extreme 88 key w/ MOSS Board
Serial #008006

I think 8006 might be a real serial number ... unless the 8 is a code for TEX88 and you have the 6th one.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
genesisfan63

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking right at the Serial No.# 008006
There's no uncertainty on my behalf!
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, what I meant was, it could be that 8006 is a consecutive given out serial number (so the 8006th) ... but maybe it is the 6th from the 8xxx series (would be nice for you if that was true).

genesisfan63

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool!
Thanks for your insight
I really enjoy the sounds on my TRITON Extreme, i'm never getting rid of it
Even though i plan on buying the KRONOS, it will exist within my rig
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

genesisfan63 wrote:
Cool!
Thanks for your insight
I really enjoy the sounds on my TRITON Extreme, i'm never getting rid of it
Even though i plan on buying the KRONOS, it will exist within my rig

I can say the Kronos is a real step up, it sounds much more clear than the Extreme, however the Extreme is also a very good machine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: