Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos OS 1.5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Busch; if the Kronos was thought amazing (or even just good) value last week with "just" the thousands of readily available sounds, I don't see why people now think they're owed even more sounds for the same price. Isn't it nice enough that you have the option of upgrading? How many other synths offer you a multi GB grand as an upgrade? Oh, oops, none.

I get the feeling of "wanting it all" and feeling like your Kronos isn't "complete" if you don't have all the packs, but at some point it's just not realistic to expect a company to pump out free upgrades of such high quality, considering all their time and effort.
arne v

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:
Kim wrote:
One thing is for sure: The Kronos will be a best seller!

In USA, perhaps. In EU, with those prices, not likely.

True, cheap it ain't. But still cheaper than what the Oasys was at launch date. And compared to the competition like Roland and Yamaha, I claim you still get more for your money. BTW I live in Finland and I'm willin to pay the price. Fortunately I won't need to pay VAT, since I run my own business Smile

In had to pay almost $4700 USD for my 61 and its totally worth it. Since i couldnt buy the Oasys and other brands didnt convince me i placed my order and waited...i think i am one of the few that has the kronos i my country Smile
s.no 1325 i think

When this update comes along with (probably) an editor and new soundbanks, this baby will rock..hehe (my neighbours will even hate me more)
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:
I agree with Busch; if the Kronos was thought amazing (or even just good) value last week with "just" the thousands of readily available sounds, I don't see why people now think they're owed even more sounds for the same price. Isn't it nice enough that you have the option of upgrading? How many other synths offer you a multi GB grand as an upgrade? Oh, oops, none.

I get the feeling of "wanting it all" and feeling like your Kronos isn't "complete" if you don't have all the packs, but at some point it's just not realistic to expect a company to pump out free upgrades of such high quality, considering all their time and effort.

Actually it's a very easy choice: either you get free patches from people willingly to share them here which are of a quality mostly good but never guaranteed or you pay for more or less guaranteed good patches.
And there is a third choice: change/make patches yourself, there will be 7 banks for it and you can also load new PCGs.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Davidb
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO Its a pitty that the M3 Xpanded sequencer features ( like velocity meters in combi a seq mode, mobile anchor positión as song plays, track view window, graphical piano roll editor for notes and velocity, etc...) are not included in this update.

Those were a very good and IMHO very needed additions for those who use the board as a complete package workstation.

Missed opportunuty (once more). Idea
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DavyP

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: UPDATES Reply with quote

OK the Kronos has enough sounds to keep a lot of people occupied for a long time........

But I agree with the comments about the cost of the updates. It will be another $1200 (Probably £1000 in UK) to add ALL of the extra sound libraries. IMO the cost is too much on top of the £3000+ for the keyboard!

It would have been nice to see Korg giving something back to its loyal customers and early adopters who have invested a lot of money in this product. They gave the M3 expanded sounds away, why cant they subsidise the Kronos?? It might even attract further sales of the Kronos??

I am disappointed that Korg want to extract even more money from customers before they have even delivered the editor promised from day one!

They also need to get more of the keyboards into the stores!
Korg Kronos 88, Korg M1, Novation SL61 MKII, Roland JV1080 with Techno expansion, Roland D110, Yamaha MU80, KRK Rokit 5 monitors, Akai ME30PII midi patch bay, Behringer RX1602 mixer, ESI ESP1010e audio interface, Quad Core PC, Cubase Pro 9.0, SE X1 condenser mic.

Guitars: Yamaha SG700, Ovation Applause electro-acoustic, Squier Strat, Roland micro cube amp.

Former: Roland Jupiter 6, Yamaha DX9, Akai X7000 sampler, Casio CZ1000, Roland SH101, Roland TR909, Roland MC500mk2, Emu Procussion.
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1200 usd is 740 gbp. When it come to buy korg exs on their site, you won't have any tax or shipping, just the conversion.

M3 free sounds were for the most "old" oasys sound which were compressed. Since they did not have to record the sample again,they were free ( the banks were sold for the oasys). The kronos new sound banks are complete new stuff and surely need a lot of work (when you know how it's difficult to get good samples), so it's not a surprise we have to pay for it. Kronos price in europe was a joke looking at us prices. This time it's on our side, we'll get those exs at nice price since it's an internet download and only the currency rate applies.
EXer
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davidb wrote:
IMHO Its a pitty that the M3 Xpanded sequencer features ( like velocity meters in combi a seq mode, mobile anchor positión as song plays, track view window, graphical piano roll editor for notes and velocity, etc...) are not included in this update.

Those were a very good and IMHO very needed additions for those who use the board as a complete package workstation.

Missed opportunuty (once more). Idea

Korg cannot provide everything at once. They have to set priorities, and the features they decided to release in this OS version were the most needed.

Imo Korg have done a good job .

That said, I hope that they consider the M3 Xpanded "piano roll" and "track view" sequencer updates as the next highest priorities, with the rework of the size of the fonts and of the virtual buttons on the touch screen.

Speaking of RAM, no one will deny it's a very good thing that the memory addition is supported officially, but I still find it's a shame that the Kronos isn't provided with 4 GB RAM from stock .
jick

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXer wrote:
Speaking of RAM, no one will deny it's a very good thing that the memory addition is supported officially, but I still find it's a shame that the Kronos isn't provided with 4 GB RAM from stock .

Exactly my thoughts. Why put in an SSD of 30 GB, but not 4GB of RAM? Still, the news about the update is really awesome Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: