Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is your K61 clicking when you play lower keys?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:14 am    Post subject: Is your K61 clicking when you play lower keys? Reply with quote

Mine was. I went to GC to check out two other kronos's they have on display. and sure enough they clicked too (therefor im not crazy!) (Ps. i didnt go for the kronos's.. i went to get some strap locks for my keytar.)

It was driving me nuts.... So i opened it up! Youll find a metal flap in there thats part of the keybed assembly. its bent up towards the metal back plate. When you play the keybed that is clicking against it! Just bend it down a little... im not sure if this is a grounding point... if it is then I will have to find another solution...

just thought i'de share.

you can see the flap here

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-OOG1H6VT4rc/TfPJKDEmC5I/AAAAAAAAADo/4LntymV4EL8/s1600/IMG_3620.jpg

I dont think grounding is an issue if you think about how it has threading for a screw. therefor providing contact.

Current gear: Korg Kronos 61, Oberheim OB-8, Alesis Vortex
Past Gear: Triton Extreme w/moss & ram, Korg Radias, Kurzweil Micropiano, Triton classic, & Karma
Come visit my Burbank California repair shop/recording studio! Rosensound.com
And my band: Sirion.us.com
TSUNAMI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Is your K61 clicking when you play lower keys? Reply with quote

now who's moaning !!!

robbinhood wrote:
Mine was. I went to GC to check out two other kronos's they have on display. and sure enough they clicked too (therefor im not crazy!) (Ps. i didnt go for the kronos's.. i went to get some strap locks for my keytar.)

It was driving me nuts.... So i opened it up! Youll find a metal flap in there thats part of the keybed assembly. its bent up towards the metal back plate. When you play the keybed that is clicking against it! Just bend it down a little... im not sure if this is a grounding point... if it is then I will have to find another solution...

just thought i'de share.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-OOG1H6VT4rc/TfPJKDEmC5I/AAAAAAAAADo/4LntymV4EL8/s1600/IMG_3620.jpg

I dont think grounding is an issue if you think about how it has threading for a screw. therefor providing contact.

13in Retina MacBook Pro, Quadcore i5 27in 8GB iMac, Logic Studio 9.1, Ableton Live9, Push, Volca Beats, Korg KRONOS 61, Korg Arp odyssey, Roland D50, Yamaha SY85, Moog Sub37, Roland TR8, Roland SP808, Korg NanoPad2, Eventide H9, Presonus 1602, Alesis M1 MkII, Yamaha APX5, Fender Splattercaster, DrumKat DK10, 1000 miles of cable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
panrixx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Is your K61 clicking when you play lower keys? Reply with quote

robbinhood wrote:
.... So i opened it up! Youll find a metal flap in there thats part of the keybed assembly. its bent up towards the metal back plate. When you play the keybed that is clicking against it! Just bend it down a little... im not sure if this is a grounding point... if it is then I will have to find another solution...

I'm not 100% clear on which part you are refering to. Are we talking about the L shaped bracket just off to the left of centre, near the bottom, of your photo?

Is that a screw hole in the top? If it is, what happens to the screw when your bend the bracket out of the normal alignment?

As you mentioned, is that just a grounding point? If so, and it is tightened down correctly, what part is catching it to make the clicking sound?

Sorry for so many questions, I'm just trying to fully understand the problem and solution.
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine has a very noticeable clacking noise in the lower octaves. Maybe I'll fix it when I get around to adding another 2GB of RAM.
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Is your K61 clicking when you play lower keys? Reply with quote

[quote="TSUNAMI"]now who's moaning !!!

Difference between moaning about something thats intentional and something that has not happened to all Kroni.

at least this isnt another OMG WTF IS THAT CLICK IM GETTING A JUPITER 80 thread

Past Gear: Triton Extreme w/moss & ram, Korg Radias, Kurzweil Micropiano, Triton classic, & Karma
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Is your K61 clicking when you play lower keys? Reply with quote

panrixx wrote:
robbinhood wrote:
.... So i opened it up! Youll find a metal flap in there thats part of the keybed assembly. its bent up towards the metal back plate. When you play the keybed that is clicking against it! Just bend it down a little... im not sure if this is a grounding point... if it is then I will have to find another solution...

I'm not 100% clear on which part you are refering to. Are we talking about the L shaped bracket just off to the left of centre, near the bottom, of your photo?

Is that a screw hole in the top? If it is, what happens to the screw when your bend the bracket out of the normal alignment?

As you mentioned, is that just a grounding point? If so, and it is tightened down correctly, what part is catching it to make the clicking sound?

Sorry for so many questions, I'm just trying to fully understand the problem and solution.

Yes we are talking about that L brackt near the bottom of the photo. But you dont ctually bend down the bracket, it has another very flexible sheet adhered to it and is bent up as ou can see in that photo. that is the cicking culprit.

yes thats a screw hole.. like i said you dont bend the whole bracket.

I cant answer the third paragraph.. I have tried just re tightening everything. to no avail. when i opened it, that flap was the only that that made ANY sense. I guess when you lit lower notes, it raises the top part of the keyboard SO slightly that on release, that flap hits the bottom plate.

lemme know if you have any more question.

madbeatzyo111

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Is your K61 clicking when you play lower keys? Reply with quote

TSUNAMI wrote:
now who's moaning !!!

He had a problem, found out the root cause and provided a solution. If only we had more of this kind of "moaning!"
Rosen Sound
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whyd you delete your post sparkie?

madbeatzyo111

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think he could have, unless he's a mod. Methinks me smells trouble...
JuneauUnderground

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No clicking on mine . . . All the keys sound exactly the same.
DennyC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna check mine right now. Bye! Smile

p.s. Great fix robbinhood.
panrixx

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madbeatzyo111 wrote:
I don't think he could have, unless he's a mod. Methinks me smells trouble...

Anyone can delete their own post - it's an option next to 'edit' once you have submitted a post.
madbeatzyo111

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, really? Is there a time limit? I never noticed that option.

Edit: Oh I see it now, but you can't delete after someone else has posted after you.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madbeatzyo111 wrote:
Wait, really? Is there a time limit? I never noticed that option.

Edit: Oh I see it now, but you can't delete after someone else has posted after you.

Sometimes people edit their post as <removed> ... but if another one has reacted on it, you still can see it in the quoted part, or at least it is unclear for readers if others react to a removed post.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
madbeatzyo111

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparkie's post wasn't too egregious...but he did sound slightly drunk Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: