Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to Select Favourites?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nippess

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:52 am    Post subject: How to Select Favourites? Reply with quote

Hi everyone, still finding my way around my Kronos 61...
Can someone tell me where to find the favourites tick box so I can save some of the programs?
Thanks in advance (the manual is comprehensive, but the simple bits can easily get bypassed by more interesting discoveries!!)

www.trainwithkaren.co.uk

www.parkside-therapy.co.uk
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: How to Select Favourites? Reply with quote

Nippess wrote:
Hi everyone, still finding my way around my Kronos 61...
Can someone tell me where to find the favourites tick box so I can save some of the programs?
Thanks in advance (the manual is comprehensive, but the simple bits can easily get bypassed by more interesting discoveries!!)

It's on page 3 of the parameter guide, checkbox near the name of the program. Probably similar for combis.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DennyC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool. I'm also still exploring. Thanks. Smile
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once selected what can one do with Favorites?
apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you go into the bank select screen or the category select screen (where you select a patch) there is a little check box at the bottom of the screen. check that box and your favorites will pop it (you can still select them via category, etc....)

YouTube -
https://www.youtube.com/juliusdeberryjr

Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/majesticstudiosllc

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/majesticstudios_jld/
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apex wrote:
when you go into the bank select screen or the category select screen (where you select a patch) there is a little check box at the bottom of the screen. check that box and your favorites will pop it (you can still select them via category, etc....)

Yeh, sorry I figured that out just after posting.

Makes sense.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another nice idea for my app Smile

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Nippess

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, I can see on Page 3 (only in good daylight!!) where to go. I will go and have another play.
It's good to see that DennyC is finding my request useful too. Makes me feel as though I'm not alone!

www.trainwithkaren.co.uk

www.parkside-therapy.co.uk
Redrain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Last night I find strange way to work of favorites :

I have done a sound in User bank and it has the favorite flag on red (also saved), if I, in example, go in bank int. A and search a sound, open the dialog window but I don't see my favorite sound here ! the favorite flag is in light gray and I can't swith it on ! if i go on my user bank, open the search sound window and, ok the flag is switchable and now I can select my favourite !

some ideas ?

thenk you
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But remember you need to save them! Favourites check box is treated the same as changing the sound.

If you switch off without saving (that means the save all function - not write program or combi) your will lose your selection.

So, this means you need to create your own baseline PCG which includes your favourites selection. You can't edit the factory PCG.

Therefore, the first task with a Kronos (or OASYS for that matter) is to go through every sound - remember to switch Karma on and off for each sound (sometimes they sound completely different!) - and then save as 'user_1.PCG'.

If you later decide to remove or add favourites, then you need to overwrite 'user_1.PCG' and not any other PCG as then you will have different favourites in different PCGs.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you need to add/remove a lot of favorite settings, you can use PCG Tools (see link below):

- Save the (complete) PCG file
- Load file in PCG Tools
- Check every sound on your Kronos
- Instead of selecting/unselecting the Favorites on the Kronos, do it in PCG Tools. You can even select complete banks or multiple programs/combis to unselect or select the favorite setting.
- Save in between or at the end (you don't need to save for each bank/patch separately).
- Save at the end the PCG file (if not already done)
- Load it in the Kronos

cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good comment Michel

The answer here is workflow and thinking things through.

Take this scenario:

1. I have factory settings loaded
2. I mark my favourites and save as 'user_1.PCG'
3. I then buy a Kronos sample-based library and load that up
4. I mark my favourites in the new load
5. When I save, I have two options. 1) Overwrite the new sample library PCG or 2) over-write the user_1.PCG
6. Problem - user_1.PCG will only work if I have the sample-based loaded as well

Which means that you have to keep track of which sample-based libraries you have loaded, which means user_2.PCG. Now we have 2 PCGs. If I update one with new favourite selections, I don't (can't) update the other - unless I go through one by one and replicate the two PCG files.

I accept that PCG tools really does help in this. Truly it does. But if you buy 10 sample-based libraries plus your own sound edits, keeping your favourites consistent between all PCGs is really difficult and it needs a methodical workflow.

This has been discussed many times in the OASYS section here. It is not a failing in the Korg approach - it's just a case of following the logic through.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cello wrote:
.. above post

Cello, that's is a real interesting scenario.

I can think in such a short time about two (alternative) solutions within PCG Tools which are not yet possible but if more people say it is interesting I can add it to the wish list:

1. Select two PCG files opened in PCG Tools, and for every program and combi that is set as favorite the other PCG file will be synchronized (e.g. by only checking the name assuming these are unique).

2. Maintain a (text) file of favorite programs/combis and mark all programs/combis in a loaded PCG file favorite for the programs/combis in that list.

If someone likes these please reply, or if a better solution can be made.
(Btw I don't want to hijack this thread, if I get more than several answers I will open up a new thread or use the main PCG Tools thread).

Redrain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I have done a sound in User bank and it has the favorite flag on red (also saved"

As I wrote the patch is da saved because if I switch off and on again I found the patch with the favourite flag ON !

But I don't find it when I search favourite patch in program select window !I found only if my search start from the same bank!

I do not perform Save all pcg but I See my patch with favourite flag on !
Redrain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do a Save all if I find my New patchs with all the changes done and with the flag "Favourite" ON ? (after the startup)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: