Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Initializing HDs and EXs in Program Mode?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mofit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Initializing HDs and EXs in Program Mode? Reply with quote

Is this possible? The manual says that it can be done generally, but gives no instructions on how to do it. Is there any way to completely initialize a program?

Gear:
Yamaha Motif ES7; Yamaha Motif XF8; Yamaha Motif XS7; Yamaha S70XS; Yamaha Motif XS Rack; Korg Kronos 73; Old, unreliable, tweaky, pissy-and-moany self-built PC.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a Kronos at hand, but probably you need to go to the program and select something like 'initialize' from the top right menu.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Initializing HDs and EXs in Program Mode? Reply with quote

Mofit wrote:
Is this possible? The manual says that it can be done generally, but gives no instructions on how to do it. Is there any way to completely initialize a program?

I don't know whether it can be done. I usually keep an initialized program in an HD and EXi bank for times like this.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw, with PCG Tools you can empty the name of a patch (program, combi or set list), it is not like initializing but at least on the screen it looks as if it is clear, so you know you can overwrite it (later).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked the manual, but can't indeed find an init menu option, only for a complete bank.

Mofit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I want to do is start with a completely blank slate and program sounds from there. It seems a bit odd that this cannot be done, no?

Gear:
Yamaha Motif ES7; Yamaha Motif XF8; Yamaha Motif XS7; Yamaha S70XS; Yamaha Motif XS Rack; Korg Kronos 73; Old, unreliable, tweaky, pissy-and-moany self-built PC.
apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it wasn't available for the m3 either...

just keep one initialized sound and then save it to whatever program, combi, etc... that you want to initialize.

YouTube -
https://www.youtube.com/juliusdeberryjr

Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/majesticstudiosllc

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/majesticstudios_jld/
Zeroesque

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 1.5, the new user banks have initialized patches.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mofit wrote:
What I want to do is start with a completely blank slate and program sounds from there. It seems a bit odd that this cannot be done, no?

Probably if you change the bank type it will be initialized.

jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mofit wants to initialize single patches, and Apex is right:
On a Kronos, this is done by copying an initialized patch over the one you want to erase. A bit weird (you can initialize songs but not patches), but no big deal.
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
Mofit wants to initialize single patches, and Apex is right:
On a Kronos, this is done by copying an initialized patch over the one you want to erase. A bit weird (you can initialize songs but not patches), but no big deal.

Also, as noted above, you can initialize an entire bank at a time using the Global menu command Set Program User‐Bank Type.

We're aware that it would be nice to be able to initialize individual Programs, Combis, etc. For now, the workaround is to copy an initialized one. You could also load a single initialized Program from disk.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
Mofit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The manual, which I'm reading today, says that there are additional User Banks numbered AA, BB, CC, DD, and these are initialized for different EXis. You can select these by holding down the UA and PA buttons, for example, to select User AA.

There are initialized presets for each engine, I think.

Gear:
WorknMan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mofit, you probably know this already, but those new banks are in the OS 1.5 upgrade.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: