Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CD ROM DISC 1 ???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
daffyduxxx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: CD ROM DISC 1 ??? Reply with quote

Hi,
I just put the CDRom disc 1 in my laptop and it doesn't auto-run.When I try to open any of the files on it,nothing happens.Disc 2works ok, that is a DVD right?
My question is what is on disc 1?

Also, can I play mp3's from a USB stick on the kronos, I like to listen to the songs I am learning for my band and play along with them.If I can play them thru the Kronos I only have to wear one pair of headphones when praticising late at night.

Lastly, can I use "extranslator" to put sounds from my Triton Studio onto my Kronos as I will be selling my Triton soon.

Thanks for any help
Paul
.Jens

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Korg, there is nothing on DVD1 except for restore data - this disc is only meant to be used to restore factory data. As far as I have seen in my curiosity, that is correct so far. All the useful things you would like to open on a PC are on disc 2.

Talking about mp3-support, that is not possible with the current OS. I hope it will be a future feature, because I would like to have it exactly the way you wrote. You can listen to audio CDs in disk mode and play along, but you can't actually change programs or combis without stopping the CD, unfortunately Crying or Very sad
daffyduxxx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jens,
many thanks. I hopethis will be a feature of a future update.
Paul
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could set up the audio inputs to listen to the mp3 player (computer you probably have or a portable mp3 player) and listen to the mp3 and kronos simulataneously with one headphone.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
motic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: CD ROM DISC 1 ??? Reply with quote

daffyduxxx wrote:
Hi,
I just put the CDRom disc 1 in my laptop and it doesn't auto-run.When I try to open any of the files on it,nothing happens.Disc 2works ok, that is a DVD right?
My question is what is on disc 1?

Also, can I play mp3's from a USB stick on the kronos, I like to listen to the songs I am learning for my band and play along with them.If I can play them thru the Kronos I only have to wear one pair of headphones when praticising late at night.

Lastly, can I use "extranslator" to put sounds from my Triton Studio onto my Kronos as I will be selling my Triton soon.

Thanks for any help
Paul

Daffy, you don't mention what kind of laptop it is (win/mac) but you can read the first dvd in windows anyway, and most of the files in it are tar.gz (compressed files/images) which can be unpacked with prog's like winrar (pc) or something like for Mac users, but, mostly, they are indeed only for restore purposes and only curious people like me opens them Smile to see what's inside.

About mp3's, i connect my players on the sound input and sometimes play along with them and that wont change if i change combies.
Hope it helps a bit.

Music @ www.Soundclick.com/motic
daffyduxxx

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
many thanks for your reply.I have a pc laptop.Yep I saw those files, but I didn't recognise the extension.
Thanks for clearing that for me.
Paul
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: