Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Your Kronos best reaction ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Your Kronos best reaction ? Reply with quote

I don't gig, not for 20 years or so. I happily demo my Kronos to friends and family. Obviously you can't fail to impress with the Kronos and it's many attributes. The best reaction, effect, that I have had is from my nephew, who had Xmas money burning a hole in his pocket. Instead of buying Microsoft points, he bought a Yamaha keyboard, (korg don't really do entry level stuff) for £120. He's, started piano lessons and is hooked. If he carries on, I might let him borrow my Triton on a very long term free lease.
The Kronos is an amazing inspirational machine. Very Happy
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing this nice story.

My project leader who is making an android game in his free time, knows I play synth and asked me if I could play a modern version of Jingle Bells for his 'christmas edition' of the game.

So I made a kind of house version and it is now spread among 2000 people Smile.

(compared to PCG Tools which is currently spread to 331 people).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
Thanks for sharing this nice story.

My project leader who is making an android game in his free time, knows I play synth and asked me if I could play a modern version of Jingle Bells for his 'christmas edition' of the game.

So I made a kind of house version and it is now spread among 2000 people Smile.

(compared to PCG Tools which is currently spread to 331 people).

thats cool, the Kronos lets us exploit our talents and imagination !
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the best is that I still have a whole journey ahead of me since I still haven't found the time to check out most of the synth engines (AL1, MS20, MOD7 etc).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
blinkofanI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last production i did(not that i do that much stuff, but gigs come by out of the blue sometimes) was a collaboration with another musician who is pretty much hooked on the latest soft synths of all kind. During the composition process, he didn't stop asking that i look around in the Kronos sound banks instead of the soft synths i have. I don't have that much but i have good ones(Omnisphere, some good Kontakt libraries, Arturia, Toontrack). I was a bit surprised he was always "reaching" for the Kronos!!

Blink
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many years ago; I'm 56; when I used to practice piano at home, my mother would listen to me practice. I was a very bad musician in that most of the time I would I just sit a and play the first things that came to my mind and not do the proper Bach or Mozart like I was supposed to do. This turned out to be a blessing in that now I can pretty much always improvise or write music on the spot.
The Kronos being such an inspiring instrument led me to sit down and just record about 10 minutes of spontaneous music that I recorded and mailed to my mother on a CD. She loved it. She said it reminded her of the many times she used to listen to me practice.
I don't think that even today she understands that I was just making it up as I went along.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Got my Neighboors dog Singing.
2. My GirlFriend wants to leave.

Last edited by BasariStudios on Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Melodialworks Music
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeremykeys wrote:
Many years ago; I'm 56; when I used to practice piano at home, my mother would listen to me practice.

When I was a kid, practicing hymns on the piano, my mother would start singing along, which (being a teenager) annoyed me. My solution was to start changing the key, until she gave up trying to sing along. The fact that she would typically announce that I was "bad" also motivated me.

I developed a lot of transposing skills, playing those hymns!
Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BasariStudios wrote:

lol
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dniss wrote:
BasariStudios wrote:

lol

Thinking about it. Best reaction was from the shop when my credit card PIN number said

'approved, please remove card'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: