Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

over-exaggerated...!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cachete1966

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: over-exaggerated...! Reply with quote

Hi..

I wrote months ago...

The people searching the 5th leg in a cat...!

I buy 4 korg kronos 61 ( september 2011 ) one for me... Another three for sell in my country...

I check all of them...

And everything is perfect...! Keybed, wheels , vector joystick, fan, size font in the screen.. ( i use read glasses ) ... Everything in all units are excelent...!

How many people have some issue in the kronos..? How many percent...?

I read today a subjet that tell.... " how i choose a good kronos...".

And someone awnser... over-exaggerated ...!

And yes...!

Is like the carmagazine articles...... " i dont like The brown color in the seatbells...."

The people lost the horizont.!

This is an incredible machine...!

Natural and amazings sounds....!

Have too many ways to edit in realtime the sounds...

Is excelent to play live...!

Need some upgrades in the OS....? Yes...!

The edit pianoroll in the sequencer... Like m3 or better...!

But...

To the date... Is the best keyboard that i play...! Is inspirational... My muse is alive again... The conection beetween the sound and the keyboard is real... Is natural....

( not like vsts..... The sounds piano could be the best... But when you touch is like a toy the feeling... Is not natural...! ). The kronos is 99% perfect...

Srs... Is a Oasys whith amazing piano sounds... ( and many many more )

And the half price. ....

Dont be searching the 5 th leg in a cat...

Because if you find it... Its not real...!
Cpilot

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts exactly.

Bryan
jazlover
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the church said "Amen"!
Shakil
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you by 61 keys or 73/88 keys version...... the complaints are about 73/88 keys..
jazlover
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He had the 61 (several of them). I have the full 88.
Most people reading about Kronos problems won't make that distinction. They only see the word "problems".
JPWC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to me, most of the "over-exaggerated" claims and rants come from individuals who don't play keyboards or don't even own the beast. Shocked
Kronos-6, Krome, M3, Radias, KingKorg, microKorg, KP-2, KP-3, KO-1, KO-1 PRO, Karma, microX, monotron, monotribe, PadCONTROL, Wavedrum Mini, Volca Keys, Beats, Bass, Sample, monotron Duo & Delay, microArranger, M1, Wavestation, Volca Sample, Keys, Beats & Bass, MS-20

JD-XA, JD-Xi, Aira (system 1, TB3, TR8, MX-1), Prophet 12, Mopho X4, Jupiter-80, FA-06, D50, CS1x, CZ101, DX200, AN200, analogFOUR, MachineDrum, MonoMachine, Motif XF6, Virus Snow, Nord Lead 2X, OP-1, MFOS, Tenori-on, QY100, QY70, meeblip se, miniBrute, microBrute, Bass Station 2
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once I played a 73 version in a store and I didn't notice the problem (or probably it didn't have a problem).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
navydave

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Kronos 61 comes in tommorow! Heres to hopefully an incident free Kronos! Beer Cool
cynkh
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say that after over half a year I've had no issues with my Kronos 61 except the failure to go platinum- though I suspect that it's less to do with the keyboard than my aptitude! Razz

Hardware:
Kronos 61, microKORG, MoPho, Rogue, Aira System-1, Aira TB-3, Aira TR-8, MC-202, TB-303, (KMS-30), Juno 6, Alpha-Juno 1 (PG-300), SH-201, MC-09, Virus TI Snow, K2000, MPC-1000, X-Station 25, MultiMix-16FW, Ableton Live Push

Software:
Logic Pro 9, Korg Legacy Collection, Komplete 8, vCollection 3, Sylenth1, microTonic
Bruce Lychee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 61s seem to have been relatively trouble free, but I don't think Korg halted production of their weighted Kronos and changed the design of a major component like the keybed because of exaggerated claims. The orignal complaints about the data wheel obviously weren't exaggerated either.

People can whine about the deluge of complaints, but they don't seem to be complaining about the positive changes brought about by some of those "exaggerations.". There has certainly been a fair amount of hyperbole on all ends, but there have also been a couple of legitimate problems with the weighted Kronos. Thankfully, Korg has taken the time to address the major issues and it looks like things have calmed down a bit.
Melodialworks Music
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce Lychee wrote:
. . . I don't think Korg halted production of their weighted Kronos and changed the design of a major component like the keybed because of exaggerated claims. The orignal complaints about the data wheel obviously weren't exaggerated either.

I have had two Kronos 88 and had to return both of them. I'm very pleased to read of the progress being made, and will be in the market for a Kronos again, once the units with the new keybed are available in the stores. And that's no exaggeration!
phenaste

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm used to be an unlucky man Sad
When I looked for this amazing keyboard, I read post about the RH3 faulty keyboard on K73/88, and I think to myself, even if faulty keyboards is less than 1%, this bug will be mine.
Then I saw a thread about a Korg fixed that works , GREAT !!!
I bought my Kronos and I hope to avoid the problem.

But I'm still an unlucky man Mad, I got the keyb problem with sound cutoff. Kronos Serial #29xx.
When you play with a specific strength and speed, the key bounces and a second NoteOn is generated with a really low velocity (3 - 7). So the sound seems to be muted.
I recorded it with a MIDI sequencer to verify those double events, and it was confirmed.

I had to return my brand new Kronos 88 to service.

But I don't blame KORG, because they admit the problem and their guys found a solution that seems to work, that is the most important. Very Happy

So the problem is not exagerated, BUT, as I play it for a couple of days, it's really a great machine !!!
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'm just one of the lucky ones in that my 73 key works fine.No problems at all with the key bed and I've got an early one.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
Shakil
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there is definintely some issue with the 73 and 88 keys version. I went to a music store where they had 61 and 73 keys version. 61 keys was fine, but several keys on the 73 were either stuck or weren't smooth.
Bach42t

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"mo' Kronos, mo' Problems"

Laughing

Just kidding Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: