Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos videos
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trotz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Kronos videos Reply with quote

Do you think it is a good idea to post links to the best youtube videos on Kronos?

There goes mine:

http://youtu.be/8HiBfyDrADg

(it's called "nightmare") Wink
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out for a late night (s)troll, are we... ? Rolling Eyes
trotz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I needed a way to vent out my frustration. If the moderators think this is the wrong forum and/or the post is offensive I will understand that it got removed.

I think I'm not trolling because my post is neither extraneous nor off-topic and is not disrupting any ongoing discussion. I am not harassing anyone with personal attacks or imposing my point of view.

I am not anonymous (the youtube channel is full of references to my works and internet activities) and in no way intend to do play jokes on anyone.

If you are so lucky to have a working unit I'm glad for you. At this moment I have the worst thoughts for whoever is responsible of shipping defective units months after this problem has been detected (February 2012).

I feel badly cheated and think that Korg should be exposed with a huge list of videos made by users who have problems with their units.
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair comment trotz - you're entitled to your opinion; and no-one here should argue with that entitlement.

It just appeared to me like it was trolling - my apologies if I offended.

I don't have a Kronos - I have an OASYS. By commenting here I was only trying to support the KF community which I care about a good deal - there have been many troll posts here about the Kronos.

The OASYS never suffered the issues that have appeared with the Kronos - I now understand your post was a way of venting and making a point.

I hope your Kronos gets better soon - whilst I have a lot of beefs with Korg (re OASYS/Kronos) the one thing I can't accuse them of is not caring. They do. And over time, they will sort things out.

I should finish by saying welcome to the forum! Your post, which now seems genuine, means you care. Same with all of us here; learn, share, have fun Smile
trotz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. One should be more careful with such low post counts! ha, ha...

Thanks for your words.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you call Korg support or ask the store to fix the problem?
If not, do that.

We already know some limited numbers of Kronosses have this problem and the fix is already known.

Hope you have a fixed Kronos soon!

(for the rest I think this thread can be added to all other threads that are closed for the same reason of being duplicate threads).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching your video, I notice that your ring finger gets cutoff more than the others. Does this happen if you move your hand to other keys? I suspect (as I have stated in other threads) that the problem is not keeping the key firmly against the bottom of the keybed, which allows the hammer to bounce, cutting off the note. Given that the ring finger is naturally weaker (especially in non-keyboard players) that could be contributing to your problem. Does that B key cutoff all the time no matter which finger is playing it?

I'm not saying that it should behave this way. Take it to a repair shop and get it fixed.

If you're just mad at Kord, so be it. Get your money back, buy another keyboard and happily make music with it. On this forum, most of us have had positive experiences and are looking to make positive contributions. We acknowledge your problem, but there is a solution. Respectfully, we'd like to move on.
trotz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think a list of Kronos videos showing the machine in action is a good idea...
trotz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danmusician wrote:

If you're just mad at Kord, so be it. Get your money back, buy another keyboard and happily make music with it. On this forum, most of us have had positive experiences and are looking to make positive contributions. We acknowledge your problem, but there is a solution. Respectfully, we'd like to move on.

Thanks for your answer.

I will get a second Kronos tomorrow. If I have the positive experiences most of you have had I will be happy to share them.

I hope there remains a place where I can comunicate if the problems persist or not. If bad experiences are not welcome in this forum I will understand and post my findings anywhere else.

Regards,

Pere
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I still think a list of Kronos videos showing the machine in action is a good idea...

I like how you posted and talked about the problem existing but didn't mention a fix was available. Youtube is a good place to air out every problem you have for sure.
trotz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aron wrote:

I like how you posted and talked about the problem existing but didn't mention a fix was available. Youtube is a good place to air out every problem you have for sure.

You didn't read well. Do it again (look at my comments where I say "I've read they have a nice active policy on fixing defective units").

Ok, ok... I get it. No "problem talking" on this forum. I will only post when I have something positive to say. I don't want anyone else going personal on me...
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="trotz"]
danmusician wrote:

I will get a second Kronos tomorrow. If I have the positive experiences most of you have had I will be happy to share them.

I hope there remains a place where I can comunicate if the problems persist or not. If bad experiences are not welcome in this forum I will understand and post my findings anywhere else.

Regards,

Pere

Bad experiences and problems are welcomed to be discussed here. I have certainly posted some of my own. But in this case, a solution is available. Hence, we're ready to move on.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ok, ok... I get it. No "problem talking" on this forum. I will only post when I have something positive to say. I don't want anyone else going personal on me...

It's not like that at all here on this forum. Posting your video here is pointless as it's all very old news and anyone effected has already discussed this at great length and are already going through the process of getting this issue resolved according to KORG's instruction.

No point in flogging a dead horse.
CaptLego

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like many others, my K88 had the note cutoff problem. It was saddening.
However, Korg figured out the problem, I took my keyboard in for service, and it was repaired. All is fine now. So far, every single person who's taken their keyboard in for repair has reported complete satisfaction with the result.

So -- will I buy Korg products in the future? Count on it.

I've seen studies that a person who's had a problem and had it fixed is four times more likely to buy that same brand again, compared to a person who's never had a problem. That actually makes sense. You want the confidence as a buyer that should something happen to go wrong, you can count on the company to make it right.

Korg made it right.

So, not only do I have a fantastic keyboard, but I know I'm dealing with a company that stands behind their product.

Last edited by CaptLego on Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:45 am; edited 1 time in total
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaptLego wrote:
So, not only to I have a fantastic keyboard, but I know I'm dealing with a company that stands behind their product.

Here! Here!

And that is why many of us have not gotten caught up in the handwringing. We had confidence that Korg would make it right, and they have.

My own 73 will be going into the shop when it's convenient to my schedule...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: