Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KRS05 - Ensemble Combinations
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: KRS05 - Ensemble Combinations Reply with quote

Just got an email from Korg that their KRS-05 Ensemble Combinations is available for purchase now at www.korg.com/kronosSoundLibraries (click on the sound libraries & shop link on the left)

I listened to some of the samples and not sure if this offers much more than what's aleady in the Kronos. Although I did hear some VERY impressive samples of it prior to this announcement (more impressive than what they posted at that link).

Thoughts?
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:32 am    Post subject: Re: KRS05 - Ensemble Combinations Reply with quote

PianoManChuck wrote:
Just got an email from Korg that their KRS-05 Ensemble Combinations is available for purchase now at www.korg.com/kronosSoundLibraries (click on the sound libraries & shop link on the left)

I listened to some of the samples and not sure if this offers much more than what's aleady in the Kronos. Although I did hear some VERY impressive samples of it prior to this announcement (more impressive than what they posted at that link).

Thoughts?

7 sound samples.

4, I mostly liked, 3 were meh.

If that proportion holds true for me thruout the 128, its a buy. There is no way I can easily duplicate the quality of this group on my own, given the small set of 7. For $49, its worth a try, is my take.
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, it's a pretty good set. If your into Ensembles, there's a lot there to choose and build from.
You can be creative with them by adding your own pads etc. Me personally, will not need more and will make a good gap filler for a change of pace.
From 90 - 127 they get into adding synths and pads, all and all I think it's a good buy, especially if your using your credits.. JMO
Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any more info on this library other than these 7 samples? I find it hard to make a decision with so few samples.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, some more info is needed IMO as well.

1. Are these layers and splits based completely on existing programs or is some additional sound programming involved (new programs and/or extensive tone adjust)? If yes, in which areas?

2. Based on the demos alone, I like the first three demo combis, but overall I don't hear too much yet that this library adds. So let me ask: does any of you have the full set and can give a short review?
Qtipcore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@jimknopf

The answer to 1 is:No new programs - Only Combinations...
And yea, they are based on the preload stuff.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for clarifying. That makes the package much less exciting for me, than it might have been with some significant sound programming knowledge involved.

So the only info still required is some feedback on the usefulness of the combi set. Anything on board which we couldn't accomplish ourselves, within ten minutes or so, and then much more focused on what each of us really needs for own purposes?

I mean, are there any ear-openers or very usefull settings, which we wouldn't get done fast without any problems?
padking

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!

I bought the KRS 05 from Korg store
yesterday, I was not very happy with there
first offering (KRS 04) but this time they did a
great job.

Good brass sound (original) strings, solo synth
and split.........

Good Karma programming and good pad arrangement.

a well spent 49$ (for 128 combis a great deal)

I am one of those not very happy with the patches available with the Kronos (past or new) in fact,it was a oasis in a new suit , but with those new combis ''it's getting better''

All made from the original programs nothing
load. (great)

Padking
DennyC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sounds were interesting but... I will also wait for the enlightened opinion of a valued member that purchases the package for a more in depth look. I honestly like the Sonatina strings set quite a bit more. Smile Smile
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

padking wrote:
I bought the KRS 05 from Korg store yesterday

Does it have a default bank it installs to, or can you override where it installs?
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PianoManChuck wrote:
padking wrote:

Does it have a default bank it installs to, or can you override where it installs?

You can always use PCG Tools to store the programs/combis where you want.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
PianoManChuck wrote:
padking wrote:

You can always use PCG Tools to store the programs/combis where you want.

Isn't that AFTER its installed? I took the defaults when I installed the Austrian Piano library. My concern is that it doesn't install into the same bank from the start.
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can always drill down to the combi folder, it then asks where would you like to install. Select any bank you want and press load.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you can load single combinations from the KRS 05 set to places where you like them.

To those who have bought the set:
Are there any brass combinations, which are a little bit closer to funky brass sections? I'm not after marching band or big band sounds or orchestral brass, rather could use some small, expressive funky sections stuff here and there. The demo brass is not what I mean (and the factory combis weren't too convincing concerning that either).

Are the solo synths definitely only factory programs?
I ask, because if so, what does it help to get a factory pad sound below a factory lead synth, when you can get that done yourself in less than five minutes? I still think there should be at least SOMETHING more about this sound package. Or not?
PianoManChuck
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lou wrote:
You can always drill down to the combi folder, it then asks where would you like to install. Select any bank you want and press load.
So I can override the default bank during initial installation?? That would be awesome!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: