Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Day In The Life (Kronos Video)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
phattbuzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: A Day In The Life (Kronos Video) Reply with quote

performed on Korg Kronos

http://youtu.be/DruAqjGEjVs

Past Instruments of Construction: Hammond A100 w/Leslie 760, Korg R3, Roland AxSynth, Korg Poly61, Korg M1, Univox MaxiKorg, Korg MS2000, (2) Moog Concertmate MG1, (2) Hammond X5, Rhodes Mark I & 2, Farfisa Compact, Yamaha S08, Casio SK1, Strymon Mobius, Custom Bass Pedals, Burns B3 Theremin.

Last edited by phattbuzz on Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
johnnydr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job PB, Kronos seems to handle the program changes effortlessly
Yatrix

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb! Seems like that is the most impressive video at this forum and your vocal is same great as playing! Thanks a lot for pleasure!
Documentation included in setup.
phattbuzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Yatrix.

johnnydr: no program changes, just a combi with the different keyboards assigned to different parts.
Past Instruments of Construction: Hammond A100 w/Leslie 760, Korg R3, Roland AxSynth, Korg Poly61, Korg M1, Univox MaxiKorg, Korg MS2000, (2) Moog Concertmate MG1, (2) Hammond X5, Rhodes Mark I & 2, Farfisa Compact, Yamaha S08, Casio SK1, Strymon Mobius, Custom Bass Pedals, Burns B3 Theremin.
RonF
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoyed this video. Thanks for posting!
Favorite Gear: Kronos 61, M3, Z1, Radias, KPro, KP3, Moog Voyager, Foogers, Virus TI, Jupiter 80, Integra7, GAIA, SPD-30, Kiwi 106, RE-201, MC808, RC505, MV8800, DSI P6 and OB6 and P12, Ensoniq SQ80, EMU MP-7, Eventide H7600, Eclipse, SPACE, Pitchfactor, Timefactor, Looperlative LP-1, Axe FX Ultra, Nord Modular, DSI Tetra, Tempest, PEK, JDXA, Eurorack Modular, Octatrack, MDUW, Monomachine, A4, RYTM, Waldorf Q Phoenix, MWXTk, Blofeld, TR8.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice done ... a bit raw and unpolished but it adds to the live atmosphere a lot. Very nice voices in th emiddle too and good vocals too.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
rmvieira

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent job. I really enjoyed it. Keep them coming! Very Happy
rrricky rrrecordo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice post, Mr. Buzz!
Current Korg apparatus: MicroStation, MicroKorg, MicroSampler, WaveDrum, Trinity V3, M1REX, Wavestation SR, X5DR, Original Legacy Collection w/ MS-20 controller, iMS-20, DS-10 Plus x2, ELECTRIBE Rhythm Mk ll, iELECTRIBE, Kaossilator, padKONTROL, MicroKONTROL, NanoKey, NanoKontrol, Stage Echo SE-300
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect example of why music rules the world. You enjoyed it, we enjoyed it. Let's you escape the real world for a few minutes.

Cheers for posting

RM67
Vlad_77

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice interpretation of a Beatles masterpiece PB. I am curious though that with the power of the KRONOS and what you can do with Combis, you chose to omit the two crescendi. This is not a knock on your work by any means, but those crescendi are really signature pieces of this still amazing piece.

That said, I agree with Runningman67 that the enjoyment we share of it was because of our love of the universal language of well played music. As a Beatles fanatic, I am always fascinated by others' interpretations and approaches to the music of this legendary band. In many ways, we still have not explored the vistas they and Sir George Martin pioneered but your interpretation of A Day in the Life - lack of crescendi notwithstanding - was an aural treat. Thank you!

Ahimsa,
Vlad
Current gear: Kronos, Jupiter 80, Kurzweil PC3,Roland Fantom X8, Roland XV-88 (yep, its old, but the ACTION is heaven and those XV-3080 sounds are still wonderful for me), Radias-R, Motif ES (yeah it's older but I love the guitars Wink )
phattbuzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the positive comments!

Vlad, this video is actually just a practice session for a jam band I play in. We decided last week to have a go at this great piece of music and I wanted to make sure I had all the parts correct and work on the lyrics. Really just haven't decided to do with those parts yet. Could do the full orchestral crescendi, or maybe something with the theremin. I'll see how it goes at tonight's session.

- phattbuzz Cool
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most demoralising video I've seen in a long time ... you make it all look so effortless!

Well done, hope to see more of your performances. What boards were you using for the other sounds?
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
csteen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg Forums has talent Very Happy
Very nicely done. Bravo.
Vlad_77

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phattbuzz wrote:
Thanks for all the positive comments!

Vlad, this video is actually just a practice session for a jam band I play in. We decided last week to have a go at this great piece of music and I wanted to make sure I had all the parts correct and work on the lyrics. Really just haven't decided to do with those parts yet. Could do the full orchestral crescendi, or maybe something with the theremin. I'll see how it goes at tonight's session.

- phattbuzz Cool

I have done this masterpiece in three bands and I have done it as a solo piece. Audiences are blown away when they hear this done by bands. Nice to hear people attempting middle and later period Beatles music!!

Ahimsa,
Vlad
Current gear: Kronos, Jupiter 80, Kurzweil PC3,Roland Fantom X8, Roland XV-88 (yep, its old, but the ACTION is heaven and those XV-3080 sounds are still wonderful for me), Radias-R, Motif ES (yeah it's older but I love the guitars Wink )
phattbuzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeedyLee:
The Kronos is making all the sounds. Kronos is set to midi channel 1, 2nd keyboard to 2, 3rd to 3, and pedal board to 4. Then I customize combinations for the songs. Even the microphone goes through the Kronos, in case I want a special effect on the vocal. The volume of the string sounds on this patch are controlled by an expression pedal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: