Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos + Android USB connection = BOOM
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cpilot wrote:
I suppose my Android tablet doesn't work because it needs a special driver, as on the PC or Mac. Can't see Korg providing one any time soon.

Bryan

does it work as mass storage? I've actually never had problems using my Droid X to transfer files to/from the Kronos via USB.

Also, it might be worth noting that most standard linux kernels these days support this stuff out of the box. I have no problem plugging my phone into any number of Linux boxes that I interact with daily (kernel versions going back as far as 3 years old). My guess is that Korg specifically left something out of the kernel used in the Kronos that would be causing this.
::: Korg Kronos 88 ::: Alesis Fusion 8HD ::: Kurzweil PC361 ::: Roland V-Synth ::: DSI Prophet 12 ::: DSI OB-6 ::: Korg Prophecy ::: Moog Micromoog ::: Yamaha CP-30 ::: Alesis Andromeda ::: Moog Sub37 ::: Sequential Prophet 600 ::: Korg MS2000BR ::: GSI Burn :::

My Music
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeebustrain wrote:
Cpilot wrote:
I suppose my Android tablet doesn't work because it needs a special driver, as on the PC or Mac. Can't see Korg providing one any time soon.

Bryan

does it work as mass storage? I've actually never had problems using my Droid X to transfer files to/from the Kronos via USB.

Also, it might be worth noting that most standard linux kernels these days support this stuff out of the box. I have no problem plugging my phone into any number of Linux boxes that I interact with daily (kernel versions going back as far as 3 years old). My guess is that Korg specifically left something out of the kernel used in the Kronos that would be causing this.

My Android phone works as mass storage, but another external harddisk I have does not work.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Cpilot

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plugged the tablet in again just to have another go. The tablet knows there is something on the other end but the Kronos shows nothing. No problem with USB drives, CD drives or HDDs though. Just installed a 120 GB SSD with no problems, Very straightforward.

Bryan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: