Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Editor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: The Editor Reply with quote

What exactly do we expect of the options from this edditor?

Plain old editor?
Will it function as a VST instrument/plugin?
Will it add more indepth Sequencer features?
Will it make a KRONOS/editor function as a VST host for other VST plugins?
Will the KARMA editor function together with this KRONOS editor?

So what do you guys know and what are you expecting from it?
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it will be published officially everyone will know.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Yes but thats based on the Kronos hardware, not to confuse it such as a
Standalone VST Instrument.
2. I dont think and believe so since this Editor has nothing to do with
Sequencer, its whole intention is to integrate into a DAW Sequencer and
also there is no SEQUENCER on the Editor it self.
3. I maybe dont understand the Question, hosting what?
4. They have nothing to do with each other, 2 separate things.
Davidb
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: The Editor Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:

Will it add more indepth Sequencer features?

IMHO the implementation of better (needed) indepth sequencer features would have to be added, but into the Kronos 1.6 OS itself, not in the editor, otherwise you would obtain no subsequent benefit of those features.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BasariStudios wrote:

Hosting VST instruments and effects, more in a way like NI Kore, where the Kronos is controlling and selecting the VST's that are hosted by the editor on your PC.
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a nice addition which i doubt.
robinkle

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember much about what's been said about the editor, it's been so long. Will Kronos transmit audio through USB into the Plugin, or will the plugin be separate to the audio? This is optional on Virus TI.
popmann

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
BasariStudios wrote:

Hosting VST instruments and effects, more in a way like NI Kore, where the Kronos is controlling and selecting the VST's that are hosted by the editor on your PC.

God, no. That already exists....it's a DAW.

I don't think there's much mystery here. It's subtlety different implementation details.

1- the editor is a GUI for editing the Kronos's sample/sounds as a stand alone Win/Mac app.
2- same thing, but scope being a "per program/combi" rather than the whole machine, allowing you to open it and save it inside your DAW along side other VSTis.
3- just like #2, only with a proprietary audio stream via USB embedded in the DLL so that it not only appears like a VSTi, but actually has audio output into the DAW so that it can ACT like a virtual instrument, too
cynkh
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping the editor will be a full-duplex librarian which basically extends all of the functionality of the touch-screen to the computer screen as well and presents the option of not even having to use the touch-screen directly from the Kronos.

As for the plug-in, I hope that it has full insert send/return capabilities to route VST/AU plug-ins through the Kronos digitally all via just the USB cable. Again, I think this editor should be fully integrated so that anything that can be done on the Kronos can be done via the DAW/host and vice-versa.

I know these may be tall orders but Access has thrown down the gauntlet with the TI series and hopefully Korg will be able to match and indeed surpass Access in that respect.

Cheers!

Hardware:
Kronos 61, microKORG, MoPho, Rogue, Aira System-1, Aira TB-3, Aira TR-8, MC-202, TB-303, (KMS-30), Juno 6, Alpha-Juno 1 (PG-300), SH-201, MC-09, Virus TI Snow, K2000, MPC-1000, X-Station 25, MultiMix-16FW, Ableton Live Push

Software:
Logic Pro 9, Korg Legacy Collection, Komplete 8, vCollection 3, Sylenth1, microTonic
robinkle

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cynkh wrote:
I'm hoping the editor will be a full-duplex librarian which basically extends all of the functionality of the touch-screen to the computer screen as well and presents the option of not even having to use the touch-screen directly from the Kronos.

As for the plug-in, I hope that it has full insert send/return capabilities to route VST/AU plug-ins through the Kronos digitally all via just the USB cable. Again, I think this editor should be fully integrated so that anything that can be done on the Kronos can be done via the DAW/host and vice-versa.

I know these may be tall orders but Access has thrown down the gauntlet with the TI series and hopefully Korg will be able to match and indeed surpass Access in that respect.

Cheers!

I'm with you on this one. It better be worth the wait. Smile
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

popmann wrote:
Bachus wrote:
BasariStudios wrote:

God, no. That already exists....it's a DAW.

I don't think there's much mystery here. It's subtlety different implementation details.

1- the editor is a GUI for editing the Kronos's sample/sounds as a stand alone Win/Mac app.
2- same thing, but scope being a "per program/combi" rather than the whole machine, allowing you to open it and save it inside your DAW along side other VSTis.
3- just like #2, only with a proprietary audio stream via USB embedded in the DLL so that it not only appears like a VSTi, but actually has audio output into the DAW so that it can ACT like a virtual instrument, too

Well, maybe a fullfledged DAW is not the right option for people that want to use it live on stage. A system as described here would allow you to controll all imp[ortant things for live play from the K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: