Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EDITOR IS RELEASED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg sent me a $500 credit saying its a gift for never complaining !
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I simply didn't fall for it, because I had read news in the German Korg forum about a mid April release date just some minutes before.

Must have caused some adrenaline to flow anyway ...
billysynth1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol
i got suspicious not seeing RichF name as the author of this thread lol
good one

Billy
I am a student of classical piano...I am not a classical pianist.
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAAAA! Well Done! I was just about to get my thumb drive too.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy s**t! few friends tried to get me couple of times today, and i managed to remember this. I really thought I survived the day, until i read this thread, and totally fell for it.

irtehyar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obvious Prank was obvious. Razz
sigiriuk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice trick! You got me, I am ashamed to say!
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: EDITOR IS RELEASED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

TSUNAMI wrote:
April Fools !!!

What's your next trick? Telling us the earths round and There's no Santa ? Wink
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No the next one is an Easter egg being found.

I am almost sure there is a hidden engine model somewhere in the Kronos ... just have to find the right key combination to activate it.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell you a funny/stupid thing...

Funny - I clicked on this thread thinking 'yeah, at last!'

Stupid - because I don't even have a Kronos...

lol! Laughing

Good one - you got me!
jimiki

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question

Question
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fools are the Korg managers and R&D team who have failed to realize that all professional digital keyboards and workstations should have software editors on day one that they ship the product.

It's a big negative for a keyboard not to have a software editor these days. Software is expected. Korg shouldn't have to be told this. It's obvious. That's why it's foolish. I won't buy any keyboard wihout software from now on. I can understand that others may disagree when they prefer to use the built-in LCD/touchscreen, but I know that I'll never go back to editing a synth/workstation with anything less than a 24" LCD.

The list of modern workstations that don't ship with editors is short, indeed. I can't think of any besides Kronos. Maybe there are some, but not by Roland or Yamaha.

In fact, manufacturers should publish software editors for their most popular past keyboards, if they really valued their customers. They probably wouldn't even have to spend a dime to write the software themselves, since they could cut a deal with some third party software developers to make free lite edition editors that have built-in direct internet upgrades to pro versions. That's free marketing for the 3rd party with 100% revenue share for the upgrades. It's win/win/win for customers, Korg, and the 3rd parties, so long as the upgrade pricing meets customer expectations for value.

It wouldn't seem to be a huge effort to modify the X50/MicroX editor/VST to support all of the Triton/Karma series. An editor would be great for all of the keyboards that use MOSS. If they made the source code available for the X50 editor, I would create a version to edit the other Tritons.
robkeith

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="xmlguy"]The fools are the Korg managers and R&D team who have failed to realize that all professional digital keyboards and workstations should have software editors on day one that they ship the product.

It's a big negative for a keyboard not to have a software editor these days. Software is expected. Korg shouldn't have to be told this. It's obvious. That's why it's foolish. I won't buy any keyboard wihout software from now on. I can understand that others may disagree when they prefer to use the built-in LCD/touchscreen, but I know that I'll never go back to editing a synth/workstation with anything less than a 24" LCD.

The list of modern workstations that don't ship with editors is short, indeed. I can't think of any besides Kronos. Maybe there are some, but not by Roland or Yamaha.
Hey I don't know how many times I have said it so far, getting really annoyed korg!! See my posts in "where is the editor " in particular, Musikmesse 2012 in particular video "Andreas Gundlick Korg Germany" quote in similar words " yes here is the Kronos with the new Os6 and Editor. I have it on my one home working flawlessly, should be few days but pretty much available now!. That was at least 2 weeks ago maybe more remember the launch Korg.? available with editor.

I am being really patient along with many others, but I know my patience ran out with this thread, was it meant to be funny? Well ha ha the jokes on us,! The purchasers. I,m with you I will never trust any company untill I see the proof in the pudding, I mean let's not forget that first it was "available now at the launch" and then it's been a string of "next date is usually 1 to 2 months" then it was deff March 2012' and now it's sometime in April 2012.. Please this is an insult to our collective intelligences shurely. I love the Kronos, but this is almost unforgivable.
kingtj

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:23 am    Post subject: Well... Reply with quote

This April Fools' joke actually tricked me for a second too, and even though I'm as upset about the lack of an editor as anyone else here? I still laughed at it.

I mean, I have to agree with the idea that in 2011-2012, there's *no* reason a major synth maker should feel it's ok to make software editors an "afterthought" for the products. The days of hardware synths, samplers and workstations are nearly over - thanks to all the computer hardware and software that's available these days. IMO, there's no question that the vast majority of keyboardists are at least somewhat computer literate these days, and plan on these major hardware synth purchases as compliments to a computer rig of some sort.

But there's no harm in having a laugh about the situation on here either.

[quote="robkeith"]
xmlguy wrote:
The fools are the Korg managers and R&D team who have failed to realize that all professional digital keyboards and workstations should have software editors on day one that they ship the product.

Hey I don't know how many times I have said it so far, getting really annoyed korg!! See my posts in "where is the editor " in particular, Musikmesse 2012 in particular video "Andreas Gundlick Korg Germany" quote in similar words " yes here is the Kronos with the new Os6 and Editor. I have it on my one home working flawlessly, should be few days but pretty much available now!. That was at least 2 weeks ago maybe more remember the launch Korg.? available with editor.

I am being really patient along with many others, but I know my patience ran out with this thread, was it meant to be funny? Well ha ha the jokes on us,! The purchasers. I,m with you I will never trust any company untill I see the proof in the pudding, I mean let's not forget that first it was "available now at the launch" and then it's been a string of "next date is usually 1 to 2 months" then it was deff March 2012' and now it's sometime in April 2012.. Please this is an insult to our collective intelligences shurely. I love the Kronos, but this is almost unforgivable.
robkeith

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: Well... Reply with quote

[quote="kingtj"]This April Fools' joke actually tricked me for a second too, and even though I'm as upset about the lack of an editor as anyone else here? I still laughed at it.

I mean, I have to agree with the idea that in 2011-2012, there's *no* reason a major synth maker should feel it's ok to make software editors an "afterthought" for the products. The days of hardware synths, samplers and workstations are nearly over - thanks to all the computer hardware and software that's available these days. IMO, there's no question that the vast majority of keyboardists are at least somewhat computer literate these days, and plan on these major hardware synth purchases as compliments to a computer rig of some sort.

But there's no harm in having a laugh about the situation on here either.

Well at first it got me,, haha!,,, but then I remembered all of the broken promises re the Oasys, remember this was the 12k plus open system from korg that they dropped like a hot scone to get the M3 underway. Once again I love both the Oasys and the Kronos, have fantastic sound and lots of great features, but this is not what Korg promised, and it's time to deliver,! I have been a great supporter of manufacturer sales in all brands Yamaha, Roland ketron (same prob as korg) but the next great innovation from korg will need to be 100% verified by independent sources before I jump into the deep end again in blind faith. I suspect that many like me are going to do the same. Don't count on marketing support, because if I was in charge, I believe I would chop my right hand off before committing to a lie or misleading content in advertising.

What is r@d going to do? They will want money, but the evidence will be in that until the product is 100%tested and perfect buyers won't be caught out again.

Read my previous post in this tread. OS 6 is finished and the editor is working flawlessly Korg Germany words not mine. So where is it, and or the truthfully answers for once that are required.

This should be a sticky I believe until it's done

robkeith wrote:
xmlguy wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: