Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Kronos ElectroPhoretic MS20 soundset QR (FREE)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
curvebender
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice Grobinez, excellent work!

Thank you, really nice of you to share these great patches with the community. Very Happy
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the remarks!

it's nice to read that you like the sounds as much as i do.

I've got multiple requests if i could do a tutorial on the basics of programming the MS20, so expect a tutorial about this subject soon.

It's not possible to explain every aspect in a 10 minute tutorial, but i will focus on explaining the basics so that after watching the tutorial you could analyse the electrophoretic bank indepth how things are done.

So i will explain how to create simple sounds with the ms20 and a couple of basic routings on the patch panel you could use.
johnnydr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow thanx so much Very Happy
Favorites Insane wave lead
Art of noise
Reso dream pad

But I like them all Very Happy
JFree

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good stuff! thanks for sharing.
Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

qrobinez wrote:
I've got multiple requests if i could do a tutorial on the basics of programming the MS20, so expect a tutorial about this subject soon.

That should be very interesting! Really looking forward to that.

I feel a little odd asking this since you've been providing so much, but if you ever wonder what to do next, I have no doubt an AL-1 tutorial would receive a warm welcome.

Very Happy
macroenie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,

I had a quick quick scan through them and some of them are really nice!
Good work and a very nice gesture to provide them for free Very Happy

Cheers
Jeroen
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dniss wrote:
qrobinez wrote:

That should be very interesting! Really looking forward to that.

I feel a little odd asking this since you've been providing so much, but if you ever wonder what to do next, I have no doubt an AL-1 tutorial would receive a warm welcome.

i will keep that in mind Smile

but the al1 is much more difficult to explain than the polysix or the ms20, so i have to think about that if an AL-1 tutorial is possible in a 10 minute video.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know me and lots of others are looking forward to your excellent video tutorials.

Edit: it seems this post is posted wrongly ....

I haven't took the time to load your patches, but looking at the reactions it is very worthwhile.

Thanks for sharing!

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/

Last edited by michelkeijzers on Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
narf
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qrobinez wrote:
thanks for the remarks!

it's nice to read that you like the sounds as much as i do.

It's not possible to explain every aspect in a 10 minute tutorial, but i will focus on explaining the basics so that after watching the tutorial you could analyse the electrophoretic bank indepth how things are done.

So i will explain how to create simple sounds with the ms20 and a couple of basic routings on the patch panel you could use.

That's awesome! Looking forward to your videos, you're a credit to this forum Qui! Thanks for your valuable contributions.

Kronos Ultimate Covers Pack
RKfan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for these patches. I played with the Insane Waves Lead for a whole hour yesterday - and plying with it now whilst waitng for the V1.6 OS to download.

These patches are really good.
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
I know me and lots of others are looking forward to your excellent video tutorials.

thanks Smile

i'm uploading a new tutorial later this day where i'm using a couple of the presets of the ElectroPhoretic soundset.

The MS20 tutorial is not ready yet, but the storyboard is almost finished for that video Smile
GooseK87

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great sounds, excellent craftsmanship!! (I've been searching for a classic "ocean-sound" ala Kitaro for quite some time, so really appreciate your effort).

I was also running through some of your other combi's on youtube...any chance that you have, or will, release more of those ambient-style sounds (especially those lovely, lovely, lovely BIG pads)??????

Thanks again, hope you continue to share your mastery with us mere mortals.

~Goose.

(P.S., I'm a big jazz fan, so any jazz combi's you'd like to share would be GREAAATTLLYY appreciated; here's a song just finished on my 61 Kronos, to give you an idea of where I'm coming from: http://www.icompositions.com/music/song.php?sid=177317)
JuneauUnderground

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Goose, I checked out your "Late Night". Very groovy, reminds me of Kurt Cobain. I also like the minimalist "less is more" style. Great stuff. Did you do everything on the Kronos? Great harmonica!
GooseK87

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juneau! Ur kind comments mean a lot--thats the exact feel I was hoping to get across. And yes, all sounds came straight from the Kronos (harmonica, sax, etc.), with a heavy emphasis on the effects.

Anyway, if anyone knows of any jazz patches/combis on the level of qrobinez's sounds, lemme know!!!

~Goose.
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GooseK87 wrote:
Great sounds, excellent craftsmanship!! (I've been searching for a classic "ocean-sound" ala Kitaro for quite some time, so really appreciate your effort).

I was also running through some of your other combi's on youtube...any chance that you have, or will, release more of those ambient-style sounds (especially those lovely, lovely, lovely BIG pads)??????

Thanks again, hope you continue to share your mastery with us mere mortals.

~Goose.

(P.S., I'm a big jazz fan, so any jazz combi's you'd like to share would be GREAAATTLLYY appreciated; here's a song just finished on my 61 Kronos, to give you an idea of where I'm coming from: http://www.icompositions.com/music/song.php?sid=177317)

great track, in the past i've created some jazz combis for the Korg m3, so maybe i will do a couple in the future when the other soundsets are ready.

The ambient style demos on my youtube channel (with the pads) are from a Combi soundset collection called Ambient Dreams. I'm working very hard to get this soundset ready but creating combis that are up to my own standards takes a lot of time. For instance every KARMA scene takes about 1 hour, so 32 combis times 8 scenes per combi = 256 hours only for the KARMA programming, so you can imagine the amount of work that goes into 1 soundset.

The artwork is ready and the 32 combis are ready for use if i release them with only 1 KARMA SCENE, but i won't do that. So i'm in the middle of programming the KARMA scenes for them which i really enjoy.

I will post some more examples of the Ambient Dreams Combi collection later this week on my channel. But i can show you the artwork already:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: