Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OS 1.6 Bugs / Aftermath action from KORG?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimiki

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:54 am    Post subject: OS 1.6 Bugs / Aftermath action from KORG? Reply with quote

Having read so many threads about bugs and goof up of OS 1.6, Kronos Editor and many more issues raised and feed back from users. It is very sad to see that no one from KORG have made any statement that a bug free version of OS could be released quickly...

some threads related to topic as below:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=71376
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=71358
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=67631
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=71181
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=71153
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=71098
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=71117
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=71127
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=71116

There are lot more...

Request for KORG is to attend to these complaints and release a quick update on OS 1.6 atleast clearing the major bugs..

PS: I have edited this post to remove some words which meant to have offended good souls in KORG and other KORG lovers here...

Last edited by jimiki on Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:19 am; edited 3 times in total
Steve Pavao
KORG R&D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi jimiki,

I've replied to 3 or 4 issues tonight in the past couple of hours.

Stephen Kay also posted a workaround to the 1.6 Karma issue several hours ago.

We've both spent weekend personal time answering questions on the forum to spread the word that Stephen has announced a workaround for the 1.6 Karma issue.

I don't agree with your assessment about how Korg feels about its customers. It certainly does not reflect my reality and the people I work with at Korg.

Please read my replies and Stephen's replies in the threads.

- Steve Pavao
software engineer
Korg R&D
jimiki

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Pavao wrote:
Hi jimiki,

I've replied to 3 or 4 issues tonight in the past couple of hours.

Stephen Kay also posted a workaround to the 1.6 Karma issue several hours ago.

We've both spent weekend personal time answering questions on the forum to spread the word that Stephen has announced a workaround for the 1.6 Karma issue.

I don't agree with your assessment about how Korg feels about its customers. It certainly does not reflect my reality and the people I work with at Korg.

Please read my replies and Stephen's replies in the threads.

- Steve Pavao
software engineer
Korg R&D

Steve.. Thanks for the quick response. Living in Oceania region, I have been a very loyal KORG customer since O1W days.

"workaround", "solutions" are nice words to hear. But, Korg should admit that the software update and editor was not fully tested for bugs and was released in a hurry.

I am not discussing on individuals here...as a company Korg should have rectified these bugs and released a 1.61 version atleast after so many complaints.... FYI, even stephen had mentioned something in his reply in one of his recent threads on Karma and OS 1.6 workaround's..

Sorry.. no hard feelings.. keep up the good work... and not atlast... please care the customer's needs...
Smile
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Pavao wrote:

- Steve Pavao
software engineer
Korg R&D

Hi Steve,

It's really great to see that you are following these threads. I'm positive that having replies from active workers of Korg over here will change the sometimes negative tone of voice on this forum.

I really want to say that i appreciate it that you take the time to answer these kind of questions, because i'm sure that people will ease up when they know that korg is aware of the issues they find.

I see this as a real positive step forward from the korg company to actually get in touch with their userbase.

@jimiki,
i don't agree with you, if you see how fast the people of Korg and Karma-Lab acted on that KARMA showstopper issue then that's great customer service. And now that members of korg are more and more present on this forum i really believe that things are changing in a very positive way!
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

qrobinez wrote:
Steve Pavao wrote:

- Steve Pavao
software engineer
Korg R&D

Hi Steve,

It's really great to see that you are following these threads. I'm positive that having replies from active workers of Korg over here will change the sometimes negative tone of voice on this forum.

I really want to say that i appreciate it that you take the time to answer these kind of questions, because i'm sure that people will ease up when they know that korg is aware of the issues they find.

I see this as a real positive step forward from the korg company to actually get in touch with their userbase.

@jimiki,
i don't agree with you, if you see how fast the people of Korg and Karma-Lab acted on that showstopper issue then that's great customer service. And know that members of korg are more and more present on this forum i really believe that things are changing in a very positive way!

+1
It always makes a BIG difference, when people from Korg or in this case also Stephen show up here so fast in case of problems. Often it's not the fact that problems arise, which causes bad mood by itself, but rather the feeling to be left alone with them, if no one shows up to handle them.

I for one will always support patience and understanding, as long as communication by Korg and Stephen Kay is so fast and direct, showing responsibility to work on a solution.

P.S.
I seriously think Korg should think about public beta versions before final releases. There are some power users out there, and you could profit a lot from that. It would take away the pressure to be perfect on release (which is nearly impossible IMHO with the complexity of the Kronos OS), and give you a few weeks of feedback for quick fixes.
jimiki

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@jimiki,
i don't agree with you, if you see how fast the people of Korg and Karma-Lab acted on that KARMA showstopper issue then that's great customer service. And now that members of korg are more and more present on this forum i really believe that things are changing in a very positive way!

@qrobinez,
There are no bad intentions in my questions., might be the language in frustrated tone.. Even I havent expected such a quick reply from Korg... But even we see replies from Steven, they are not kind of official ones.

My fair expectation is that Korg should clean up these bugs and release a 1.61 version quickly. That would stop people from reporting problems and getting frustrated.

As said above in my previous post., No hard feelings.. Smile
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume they will be working hard to get version 1.61 out.

But some actions are as written before very nice of Korg:
- several people from Korg react here, even non official ones.
- very fast response to problems
- they even work in the weekend to give replies.

Btw, publishing a new update is not something that can be done in a day or two, due to testing etc.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Squidward

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: OS 1.6 Bugs / Aftermath action from KORG? Reply with quote

jimiki wrote:
KORG treats its customers like s**t...

jimiki wrote:
No hard feelings.. Smile

Confused ?
jimiki

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: OS 1.6 Bugs / Aftermath action from KORG? Reply with quote

Squidward wrote:
jimiki wrote:
KORG treats its customers like s**t...

jimiki wrote:
No hard feelings.. Smile

Confused ?

Question Question Question Question Question
Squidward

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

forget it. sorry.

dictionary bug!
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While some Korg employees post here as time permits, as do affiliated developers such as Stephen Kay and Michael Lambie, this is not an official forum for technical support, and we will not be able to respond to all threads. If you need technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor (see the link in my signature) and they'll be glad to help you.

- Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:

I seriously think Korg should think about public beta versions before final releases. There are some power users out there, and you could profit a lot from that. It would take away the pressure to be perfect on release (which is nearly impossible IMHO with the complexity of the Kronos OS), and give you a few weeks of feedback for quick fixes.

We use beta testers, but do not do public beta-tests.

Best regards,

Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
Zeroesque

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimiki wrote:
But, Korg should admit that the software update and editor was not fully tested for bugs and was released in a hurry.

jimiki wrote:
My fair expectation is that Korg should clean up these bugs and release a 1.61 version quickly.

"You did it too quickly! Now do it even faster!"

Srsly?
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
jimknopf wrote:

We use beta testers, but do not do public beta-tests.

Best regards,

Dan

I'm aware of that, Dan, I just think it is worth reconsidering in your own interest. The inner circle of trustworthy betatesters is great for the first tests. But a public betatest can help you find the things they missed, before updating to a final release.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just took Dan's advice and contacted KorgUSA. He is right. These forums are not a proper outlet for tech support. I am hoping to get some answers form the source.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: