Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos 61 & Jupiter 80 -- Caveman OutOfTheBox

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JuneauUnderground

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Kronos 61 & Jupiter 80 -- Caveman OutOfTheBox Reply with quote

Ok, check it out. "Caveman OutOfTheBox". I threw this together lastnight using stock stuff from the Kronos and JP80. Well to be precise the Kronos combi came from KRS-05 Combi #1 "Analog Surface". The JP80 was plugged into the Kronos audio ins. Kronos combi chords were triggered by a Nanopad. The cords are straight stock, straight across the pad and back. No tweaking whatsoever except for the balance of some parts of the Kronos Combi.

The JP80 cellos, violin, and horns were straight out of the box stock stuff as well. Just worked my way across the blue and purple buttons. Again no tweeking on the JP80 sounds, its straight stock stuff.

Mixed and sequenced totally in the Kronos. Mastered in Logic with just a tiny bit of UA-SSL-G bus compressor.

Its so simple even a caveman can do it, thus the title of the track. Kronos and JP80 a match made in heaven. We are blessed to have such great music making machines !!

Tell me what you think, especially the cellos in the beginning. And I trust "Cello" can check it out since he is our resident cello expert by virtue of marriage. Enjoy!

JPWC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent!

I love the combination of the Kronos and JP-80.

The Kronos is my band and the JP80 is the guest soloist.

It's not always just the sound, but the performance that really makes the difference.
Kronos-6, Krome, M3, Radias, KingKorg, microKorg, KP-2, KP-3, KO-1, KO-1 PRO, Karma, microX, monotron, monotribe, PadCONTROL, Wavedrum Mini, Volca Keys, Beats, Bass, Sample, monotron Duo & Delay, microArranger, M1, Wavestation, Volca Sample, Keys, Beats & Bass, MS-20

JD-XA, JD-Xi, Aira (system 1, TB3, TR8, MX-1), Prophet 12, Mopho X4, Jupiter-80, FA-06, D50, CS1x, CZ101, DX200, AN200, analogFOUR, MachineDrum, MonoMachine, Motif XF6, Virus Snow, Nord Lead 2X, OP-1, MFOS, Tenori-on, QY100, QY70, meeblip se, miniBrute, microBrute, Bass Station 2
rmvieira

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent work! The only weak spot was where the horns initially come in around the middle of the song ... played more keyboardish than horn style.. but after that the solo horns, flute etc was quite good. 100% agree Kronos + Jupiter is a fantastic combination. Jupiter is on my wishlist even though I have a VirusTI and Omnisphere. Very Happy
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos 61 & Jupiter 80 -- Caveman OutOfTheBox Reply with quote

JuneauUnderground wrote:
Ok, check it out. "Caveman OutOfTheBox". I threw this together lastnight using stock stuff from the Kronos and JP80. Well to be precise the Kronos combi came from KRS-05 Combi #1 "Analog Surface". The JP80 was plugged into the Kronos audio ins. Kronos combi chords were triggered by a Nanopad. The cords are straight stock, straight across the pad and back. No tweaking whatsoever except for the balance of some parts of the Kronos Combi.

The JP80 cellos, violin, and horns were straight out of the box stock stuff as well. Just worked my way across the blue and purple buttons. Again no tweeking on the JP80 sounds, its straight stock stuff.

Mixed and sequenced totally in the Kronos. Mastered in Logic with just a tiny bit of UA-SSL-G bus compressor.

Its so simple even a caveman can do it, thus the title of the track. Kronos and JP80 a match made in heaven. We are blessed to have such great music making machines !!

Tell me what you think, especially the cellos in the beginning. And I trust "Cello" can check it out since he is our resident cello expert by virtue of marriage. Enjoy!

Initial impressions: Some nice playing but the lead instruments might be mixed lower just a tad. They seemed too loud - and /or the drums need to be more prominent?

The song seemed to much on the same level / feel - maybe add some change / drama somewhere? But for a quick recording great stuff.

What would it sound like without the backing strings? I found them sort of redundant perhaps.

You have a great combination of keyboards there.

I'm thinking about a JP 50 myself. Always wanted a Moog Voyager too.

GooseK87

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice sounds, especially liked the solo cello at the beginning--very rich and warm tones (a little disappointed to hear these came from the Jupiter, and not the Kronos, lol).

Great work Juneau!

~Goose.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice and the combination is beautiful!

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: