Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How To Make KP3 Save BPM With "ALL" (.kpa) Files

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarcusCarab

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: How To Make KP3 Save BPM With "ALL" (.kpa) Files Reply with quote

I just bought a used KP3 and noticed seemingly inconsistent behaviour when it comes to the tempo and saving "ALL" settings to the SD card. Some of my setups were saving with the tempo, and would automatically load with the BPM I saved them at, while others weren't. Some digging around these forums revealed other people trying to figure this out.

Well, I think I have a solution - this is my first post so if it turns out I'm wrong or this is well-known, my apologies Smile

All I had to do to ensure the correct tempo saving with every "ALL" slot was to re-write one of the program settings before saving - making sure it's a BPM-locked program, saved while on the correct tempo (I was using Loop-1 but I'm assuming it works with any BPM-locked program).

So for example, with the KP3 set to the BPM I want, I load up my four samples and do all my settings and whatnot, then before saving I select Loop-1 and Write it to one of the 1-8 program presets. Then, with that program preset active (not sure if that step is important) I do a Save ALL. Now every time I load that slot, it loads it at the appropriate tempo, regardless of what the BPM is set to before I load.

Hope that makes sense, and hope it helps people out Smile This was frustrating me a lot as a new KP3 owner but, so far, this solution has been working (though I may be wrong about what it is I'm actually doing that's having an effect, and find out it stops working later...)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: