Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2 USB MIDI IN's!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
keego

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: 2 USB MIDI IN's! Reply with quote

Just thought I would share this. I have connected both my Kurzweil's to my KRONOS via USB.
They both work at the same time. So for example I can now have a lead sound playing on the KRONOS, a Piano or pad sound on one Kurzweil and another sound on the other Kurz all using the Kronos engine.
So no need for a MIDI interface Razz

Previous:
Korg:X5D,Wavestation, N364, Trinity,Triton Classic,Triton Studio, Korg M3 61 w/ EXB-Radias
Ensoniq:TS12, SD1, ASR10
Roland:XP10, JD-800, Roland XV88, A90ex
Kurzweil:K2500RS, K2661, PC3
Nord: Electro 3
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the Kurzweil also has USB for MIDI or are ther USB<->MIDI cables (like the generic ones for use for a computer)?

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
fingerpianist

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but can I just skip sideways, as I see you use an A90-ex. Can I ask if you've ever had problems with it, like sticking keys, etc.? I bought my Kronos partly to replace the A90 as my main gigging keyboard, because the Roland sometimes starts rapidly cycling through all its sounds - typically if I'm in chain mode.

I love the idea of linking keyboards with USB.
Semi-retired, semi-pro pit band musician and jobbing pianist and MD. Oops, protocol suggests I should put a list. Recently deceased: Roland A90, Wirth grand piano, Roland SD300, Lowrey portable organ. Current: Yamaha upright, Korg Kronos 73, Korg N364, Juno 60 and other pretty things.
keego

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never had a problem with my A90. I use only at rehearshal and gigs so it is left at the rearshal room due to it's size and weight. The Kurzweil have USB midi but only as controller using standard A-B USB leads.

Previous:
Korg:X5D,Wavestation, N364, Trinity,Triton Classic,Triton Studio, Korg M3 61 w/ EXB-Radias
Ensoniq:TS12, SD1, ASR10
Roland:XP10, JD-800, Roland XV88, A90ex
Kurzweil:K2500RS, K2661, PC3
Nord: Electro 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: