Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Price Drop
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked some major shops in the Netherlands and Europe but no price drop for Europe ... however I already have one. Glad I didn't wait for the price drop this time.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
I just checked some major shops in the Netherlands and Europe but no price drop for Europe ... however I already have one. Glad I didn't wait for the price drop this time.

indeed, the prices in holland still are:
: 61 keys kronos still is 3683 USD (2999 euro)
: 88 keys still is 4543 USD (3699 euro)

It would be nice if the prices are lowered in europe to the US prices. The more people can buy a Kronos the better it will be for the community (and Korg) Smile
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I would buy a Kronos now, I really would consider buying it from the US (also because Korg USA is far more supportive than most other countries).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
conundrum

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except they wouldn't support it, because it would be grey market.
Vlad_77

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that GregC really is closest to the mark when he spoke of moving retail.

I do NOT think Korg will be unveiling a new flagship. Maybe there WILL be a rack version or an "LE/MOX/JP50" instrument unveiled at NAMM.

But even IF Korg were to release a new flagship - highly unlikely only one year later, I would not buy it as Kronos does everything I need and so much more that I didn't know I needed Wink
Current gear: Kronos, Jupiter 80, Kurzweil PC3,Roland Fantom X8, Roland XV-88 (yep, its old, but the ACTION is heaven and those XV-3080 sounds are still wonderful for me), Radias-R, Motif ES (yeah it's older but I love the guitars Wink )
blinkofanI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember Korg ever unveiling anything important at Summer NAMM. It's already a surprise they're still attending...

Blink
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vlad_77 wrote:

But even IF Korg were to release a new flagship - highly unlikely only one year later, I would not buy it as Kronos does everything I need and so much more that I didn't know I needed Wink

I'm almost sure that Korg first will launch a light version (of the Kronos) or a developed version of the M50/M3 and a new flagship will come (much?) later.

On the other hand, I think options might be launched before to upgrade the current Kronos.

Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg UK recently had a promotion going(had several emails about it) with £200 off the New price of Kronos,making the 61 key £2399,most retailers in the UK are still selling them at this discounted price,(even though the promo period seems to have expired)haven't seen any as low as £2199 like some are claiming,even ex display/shop soiled or b stock models I've see listed are well above that price

Prices fluctuate all the time in the UK,the M3 has seen a price hike like many various older(but still available new)synths,they go up and down all the time and suppose its to do with the exchange rate,I bought a Roland AX Synth Black sparkle new for £679 back in January,now they are some £869!

I doubt prices will ever be lowered significantly for the Kronos until its the end of line and retailers basically want to clear any stock they have left,you rarely get a decent bargain on any new synth in the UK these days,if you want a steal your best to try ebay,there have been a couple of kronos 61 on their for under £2k got my Roland Jupiter 80 off ebay several weeks ago from a seller its absolutley mint and untouched more or less he hardly used it as he couldn't get on with it I only paid £1600 for it,he wanted to get a kronos instead.

Last edited by Kontrol49 on Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Pepperpotty

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The price of £2199 was at DV247 and Absolute music yesterday. Today they have both changed their prices to £2372.
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pepperpotty wrote:
The price of £2199 was at DV247 and Absolute music yesterday. Today they have both changed their prices to £2372.

Its simply to sucker you in,DV are known for price fixing,try doing a google search the prices vary all the time,when you click on their site,that isn't the price they are selling them for,or you phone them and they say they are unable to get them at that price any longer,its simply a trick to generate traffic to their site or phones enquiries..

You'll probably find they list them cheaper because they don't normally have stock so can falsely advertise them as lower,(or maybe pay a fee to the search engine to generate them traffic to their site)then they'll give you a load of crap that they can only order them in at the same price as every other retailer,the same with a price match with any other reatiler,they'll match any price but say the other retailers have to have them in stock to match another lower price,knowing the other retailers will not have stock too

I found DV to be rather crafty like this when looking to get a DSI Mono evolver,they advertised as the lowest at some £75 lower than the other retailers,were happy to take my deposit then phone 2 days later claiming their computer stock was wrong and they hadn't got it in stock as advertsied and had to order one from DSI but couldn't match the price advertised as it was a special order...simply cancelled my order and went elsewhere,still managed to get a discount anyway!
maphill

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apex wrote:

you mean an updated hardware version of the Kronos that we CURRENTLY own? whoa... that would be horrible...

have you known companies to do things like this before? examples please.

This happens frequently in markets pushing more units. For example, PS3, PS3 slim, currently rumored PS3 superslim. The product reduces cost for the manufacturer but doesn't necessarily change the features at all. Sometimes the consumer realizes side benefits such as a lower cost, less power consumption, etc.

I'm not aware of an example of this for Korg, but that doesn't mean it isn't possible.

Mark
apex
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maphill wrote:
apex wrote:

you mean an updated hardware version of the Kronos that we CURRENTLY own? whoa... that would be horrible...

This happens frequently in markets pushing more units. For example, PS3, PS3 slim, currently rumored PS3 superslim. The product reduces cost for the manufacturer but doesn't necessarily change the features at all. Sometimes the consumer realizes side benefits such as a lower cost, less power consumption, etc.

I'm not aware of an example of this for Korg, but that doesn't mean it isn't possible.

Mark

yes but in both of those ps3 examples neither product was even close to a year after the release of the previous version....

YouTube -
https://www.youtube.com/juliusdeberryjr

Facebook -
https://www.facebook.com/majesticstudiosllc

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/majesticstudios_jld/
maphill

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apex wrote:
maphill wrote:
apex wrote:

Mark

yes but in both of those ps3 examples neither product was even close to a year after the release of the previous version....

True. I don't think a hardware refresh is likely at this point.

Mark
JPROBERTLA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my Kronos in November 2011 and paid substantilly less than what is advertised as the new price now (?) pricing fluctuates significntly.

Since price lowering was eventual, why not do it now and attract that group of people who thought the price was a little too high, and then do it again once sales determine that group has been exausted, and on and on?

Also, it would be unusual for Korg to introduce anything like the Kronos this early in it's lifecycle. Korg has historically done major workstation improvements on an (approximate) 3-5 year cycle. Considering how much R&D had to go in to the Kronos (above and beyond the Oasys) who there could have been working on anything else?
Kronos2-88, Behringer XR18, Turbosound IP2000 (x2), dbx DriveRack 260, KRK Rokit 8s, Mackie CFX16, Mackie SRM450(x2), Mackie SRS1500 (x2), BBE processors (x4), Roland VSR 880 (x2), Alto TS210, Alto TX10 (x3) and SoundForge
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least in the U.S. Korg has a history of dropping prices over the life cycle of a product.

It appears the Kronos MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) has dropped, so Korg USA's wholesale price to dealers has probably dropped also.

I wouldn't read too much into this. Korg USA probably just wants to keep the sales flowing.

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: