Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KRONOS OP.SYS V2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davidb
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toumal wrote:
I've recently ordered a Kronos, now waiting for it to arrive. While the update is welcome news, I really wish they'd add the sequencer improvements the M3 received. You know, piano roll, visual track editing, that sorta thing.

I'm currently selling my Fantom G6 but looking at the current Kronos Sequencer, I feel I might regret that for the Fantom sequencer...

...or am I being too harsh on the Kronos?

When talking about the sequencer on both models...
Well, not really.
Not really harsh at all on the Kornos. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ten2One

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:I think the amount of complaining people here is bigger than the amount of satisfied users, because if someone has a problem, this forum is for most the first place to ask information and write about it.

I totally agree with your statement. When I found the double strike problem my first thought was, "is there anyone else that has this problem with such a wonderful board". I started looking at the forum in a whole new light and found others who had similar issues. That problem was addressed (only after there were so many complaints Korg couldn't allow it to continue, or at least it seemed that way to me). Now I'm having another problem with the Kronos not being able to transmit the full 127 velocities. I came to the forum once again to see if anyone else is having the problem and sure enough there are several who have the same issue.

If my Kronos had worked properly I would just read the posts, supply answers if possible and go on my merry way.

I'm thankful for this forum in that it has helped me realize that there are others going through the same things I'm going through and together we can seek solutions. I actually hope to one day use the the wonderful workstation that set me back almost 4 grand.

Ten2One
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ten2One: Thanks for agreeing with me, but don't forget that your workstation is already usable. It's not perfect, but it is less imperfect than most other workstations.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ten2One

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michel,

I was referring to mine being in the shop again!

All the best,

Ten2One
Shakil
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apex wrote:
MarPabl wrote:
Toumal wrote:
I'm currently selling my Fantom G6 but looking at the current Kronos Sequencer, I feel I might regret that for the Fantom sequencer...

You'll regret Sad

the only thing that I miss about my Fantom G is:

16 external tracks/parts in sequencer and live mode (that don't have anything to do with the internal parts)

separate polyphony for each sound engine that was independent of the other engines (internal polyphony, drum ARX polyphony, EP polyphony)

I wish I had it here again to be able to attempt to use the RPS feature like I use the pattern mode on my motif XF... never really hit me that I could use it like that...

How about ability to change tracks while recording on Fantom-G
Ability to transmit on multiple midi channels at the same time from keyboard on Fantom-G
And the biggest, ability to fully edit patches in Sequencer, even when the sequencer is playing or recording....
Native Wave samples, so you could just edit them on Computer and reload on Fantom-G...
Davidb
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shakil wrote:
apex wrote:
MarPabl wrote:
Toumal wrote:

You'll regret Sad

the only thing that I miss about my Fantom G is:

16 external tracks/parts in sequencer and live mode (that don't have anything to do with the internal parts)

separate polyphony for each sound engine that was independent of the other engines (internal polyphony, drum ARX polyphony, EP polyphony)

I wish I had it here again to be able to attempt to use the RPS feature like I use the pattern mode on my motif XF... never really hit me that I could use it like that...

How about ability to change tracks while recording on Fantom-G
Ability to transmit on multiple midi channels at the same time from keyboard on Fantom-G
And the biggest, ability to fully edit patches in Sequencer, even when the sequencer is playing or recording....
Native Wave samples, so you could just edit them on Computer and reload on Fantom-G...

+1
robkeith

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
Rob, you really sound depressed, and I'm sorry I can't follow because 1.6 bothers me only at two minor points, of which one has a workaround.

In fact I am more productive with the Kronos, than with any synth I have owned before. So allow me to ask what your trouble is. What kind of music are you making and what doesn't work for you?

Concerning OS2, it seems to me it's not the same kind of "soon" as we heard in connection with the "editor/VSTi" (I write in paragraphs, because I don't consider it to be one in the common sense of the word). Concerning OS 2, Korg Germany has announced it for beginning of August, and so far Korg Germany announcements have never failed, whenever they dared to make one. And I'm really happy with what Korg developed for Os 2.

No not depressed, quite the opposite really. My take is and has been for a while now, don't get you hopes up to be disappointed again. Yes you are right re unusability of both the editor, and the non developement of the sequencer.

Really i agree there are lots of great things about Kronos. It's the "will they really release this as soon as namm is over", or is this just another broken or delayed promise. God knows how many times have we been here. "Oh look there is an update". Meanwhile 12 months later still waiting for them to get it right.

I paid for a working synth, with a workable editor. No one said anything when the Kronos was released, oh by the way this doesn't work, and if you want to do this You need to use the workaround to get it sort of right. No it's not a car without brakes, but the transmission sure needed more regular and better updates, rather than more features that were already there in Kronos waiting for the day. I.e another ssd, already been installed by many users and owners, increased ram, already installed and used by most owners and users.

It's the upgrades that really were important. Better and more constructive programming for the sequencer, even the M3 standard would have been a step in the right direction. Those minor bugs that could have been rectified with a small patch release a long long time ago. Lets not realy talk about the editor, still a complete waiste of space and confusion on a pc, would have been great if they could have made that the number one driving force in this Version 2.0 update.

Yes i like many use the onboard recording, but would have loved to integrate this board with the pc to unleash it's mighty power.

No not depressed looking forward to the update just like i have looked forward to every update in the past. But remember Korg have a real integrity problem, and that wont be fixed easily and too quickly. And i like many others know thtat the keyboard and other problems were major worries for a lot of us, whilst all the time Korg said no, it must be just you. That was until the problem was so huge they couln't dismiss it with a user blame. The parts used were cheap and nasty, and the quality control off the line was pathetic. So once again not depressed, but very realistic about today and tomorrows purchase.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ten2One wrote:
Michel,

I was referring to mine being in the shop again!

All the best,

Ten2One

Ok sorry I was misreading that ... in that case, you cannot use it.
I hope it will be fixed and returned soon so you can use it again.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: