Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

an idea: get a Kronos luxury variant for more money?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
clipnotic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What ??? It was only a question! Don't you see that ?? I wrote after that sentence? Very Happy And the word "sometimes" is underlined, too!

My current equipment:
Korg Radias - Korg Trinity - Korg EMX - Access Virus B - Yamaha RS7000 - Roland JD990
Core i7 860 - DDR3 8 GB - RME HDSPe AIO - FL Studio 9/10 - Sonar 8 - Melodyne Studio 3 - Omnisphere - Trilan - Stylus RMX - East West PLAY - Sylenth - Vanguard - Synplant - µTonic - z3ta - Surge - Thesys - Flux Recording Pack ...

What I also used but meanwhile sold or only tested:
Kronos 88 (only tested) - Korg N364 - Korg Trinity V3 - AccessVirusA - Kawai K5000S - MC 505 - YomoXBase09 - Cubase 3/4 - Ableton8 - Reaper - Albino 3 - Predator - Rapture - Alchemy

Last edited by clipnotic on Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
clipnotic wrote:
But the last months I read kinda every thread here in that forum ... sometimes I wonder if some users are korg employees or get money for their big hype ...??

Your last remark is a big step over the red mark, unless proven otherwise.
Now this is really bad style, and I won't ever accept this kind of allegation towards anyone.

Have to agree jimknopf; +1

clipnotic - you have every right (as we all do) to debate what you might think are great ideas - no-one here will have a problem with that.

But - Korg employees clearly state who they are and do not pose as anyone but themselves. Also the mods here make sure no forum member has double accounts.

Korg doesn't need to operate that way. And they don't - period.
clipnotic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't said they operate like that! I said "I wonder" - I wonder means "I ask myself" or "it seems like" or "looks like" ? That is what my translator told me !!

My current equipment:
Korg Radias - Korg Trinity - Korg EMX - Access Virus B - Yamaha RS7000 - Roland JD990
Core i7 860 - DDR3 8 GB - RME HDSPe AIO - FL Studio 9/10 - Sonar 8 - Melodyne Studio 3 - Omnisphere - Trilan - Stylus RMX - East West PLAY - Sylenth - Vanguard - Synplant - µTonic - z3ta - Surge - Thesys - Flux Recording Pack ...

Kronos 88 (only tested) - Korg N364 - Korg Trinity V3 - AccessVirusA - Kawai K5000S - MC 505 - YomoXBase09 - Cubase 3/4 - Ableton8 - Reaper - Albino 3 - Predator - Rapture - Alchemy
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Laughing Never trust Google translate Wink

I know English is not your first language - although you do well at it Smile But sometimes humour doesn't translate well in Google...

For example what you posted in effect was this 'I secretly think that the people who say they have no problems are really just Korg employees in secret trying to stop debate about improvements and to fool us all into thinking there are no problems'.

Seriously - that's how it came across! That's not humour - that's an accusation. Hence my and jimknopf's response.

Best not to include anything about Korg employees in your post and you'll be fine! Smile
clipnotic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh s**t! Then I'm really sorry !! That I didn't want to say, really!

It's really hard for me to translate what I want to say. That's the reason I have to edit sometimes my posts, too!

But I have to ask and write here because in the german Korg forum you'll get very less answers and here in that forum are the real professional users!

My current equipment:

cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough clipnotic - the rest of us need to remember that you may not mean how your post might appear (because English is not your mother tongue).

So, I apologise for over-reacting to your post.

You edit your posts as much as you like - I make spelling mistakes all the time and have to edit because once I see the mistake it annoys me and I have to edit it! lol

This forum is definitely the most active and by far the best for any of the korg products. It's good to have you here.

And yes, it amazes me how knowledgable and experienced forum members are here; I learn something new every day Smile
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I have to add. Is with the requirements asking for "more polyphony". Have you looked at the current counts on the Kronos? How much do you need? I understand more if you do the whole production in the Kronos, but most people use DAWs these days for large projects.

I'd also like a USB video out option like the Ethernet one that's coming (well becoming compatible that is), though I must say I would have PREFERRED ports on the back of the Kronos from the ports already EXISTING on the motherboard! Seems like a waste of USB ports and money to me. The only reasons I can come up with for this are aesthetics and some form of security?
clipnotic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No reason for you and jim to apologize! Please tell me if I say something wrong like that, again, that I can learn from it! Thank you very much for that!

And of course, this forum is the best Korg forum I know! OK, I have problems with that "always no problem" users, especially with the Kronos. But I don't want to criticise that forum! It's a good forum and that's the reason I'm sitting here with my translator! Smile

EDIT:

NuSkoolTone wrote:
The only thing I have to add. Is with the requirements asking for "more polyphony". Have you looked at the current counts on the Kronos? How much do you need? I understand more if you do the whole production in the Kronos, but most people use DAWs these days for large projects.

I'd also like a USB video out option like the Ethernet one that's coming (well becoming compatible that is), though I must say I would have PREFERRED ports on the back of the Kronos from the ports already EXISTING on the motherboard! Seems like a waste of USB ports and money to me. The only reasons I can come up with for this are aesthetics and some form of security?

The reason for me to ask for more polyphony is, with that I could use the whole power of all that 9 syntheses together without voice stealing ... especially now with more ram and harddisc space ... you can load and use more sample sounds, too! And polyphony depends on which synthese I'll use, too ... with mostly HD-1 it could work but with the others ... ?

And mostly I program my sounds from scratch with less effects, but with more OSCs, Release ...

I know it's possible with bouncing but I don't like that way of working because I mostly mix my songs as I create them together ... and for me mixing is not only EQ or compressor but change the sound itself, too ...

And that's it if a synthesizer offers 9 syntheses - for me it's like 9 VST plugins and so I want use them all with all power which could be possible ..

My current equipment:

MRedZac

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody ever tried to install the Kronos OS to an OASYS ?
Digital Mixers only from Yamaha

http://www.mediacoustics.eu

You smoke electric cigarettes ? - Looking for the best liquid to refill them ? - See this:

http://www.steamshop24.eu
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MRedZac wrote:

The OS and 'application' software is one package, so I'm sure it will not work.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
MRedZac wrote:

Interesting thought though!
MRedZac

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
MRedZac wrote:

I´m sure, we have some guys here in Forum, able to adapt the software package from the hardware perspective... If I just think about this guy reverse engineering the kronos OS, I think his nick was Helder...Right !?
Digital Mixers only from Yamaha

http://www.mediacoustics.eu

You smoke electric cigarettes ? - Looking for the best liquid to refill them ? - See this:

http://www.steamshop24.eu
Yatrix

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why pianoroll only ?
I would say next synth must have complete DAW on board. (Is Reaper available on Linux?) Let's put it directly into Kronos. And mouse must be supported.
Has anyone tried to plug mouse into Kronos at present ?
Documentation included in setup.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MRedZac wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:
MRedZac wrote:

I´m sure, we have some guys here in Forum, able to adapt the software package from the hardware perspective... If I just think about this guy reverse engineering the kronos OS, I think his nick was Helder...Right !?

His name is Heider and he still is around but is not allowed to make public announcements on his project.

yes with reverse engineering it is possible, but it means a lot of work and a lot of knowledge. I cannot believe it's possible to run the Kronos firmware (OS + system applications) on an oasys without (major) alteration.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yatrix wrote:
Why pianoroll only ?
I would say next synth must have complete DAW on board. (Is Reaper available on Linux?) Let's put it directly into Kronos. And mouse must be supported.
Has anyone tried to plug mouse into Kronos at present ?

This brings me on an idea. It would be great if the Kronos would run as a single application under Unix and with a special key (or key combination) it would be possible to switch between other (default) Linux applications.

Of course the main problem would be that tasks will need resources (like CPU / memory) which can cause the Kronos become unstable. This might be greatly reduced when the task switching only is possible when no sound is heard.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: