Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

kronos 61 key sense
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
christyjk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: kronos 61 key sense Reply with quote

hi i owned korg kronos 61 key gear a week back. i loved when i owned triton keyboard because i liked the keys and its sense very much. but i dissapointed when i bought kronos, because the key touch n sense a bit hard to play string runs, this keyboard resembles axiom m audio 61.... so why don't korg people concentrate on keys like previous triton, o1w,T3 ????? a player should get the interest to play the KEysssss

Last edited by christyjk on Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly you would need a 73 or 88 keyboard than (although that's even more for piano action keys).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
christyjk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iam not a pianist but programmer using korg gears past from 15 years, i liked the key touch Korg o1w,T3, till trinity, Triton classic n studio, but from triton extreme u people began lossing key quality why ???? try to check motif xs 6 n xf 6 series key touch then u will know whats the difference bitween kronos vs motif XF key touch, motif Xs6 key touch is far better than kronos key touch

Last edited by christyjk on Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is a matter of subjectivity.

I like the keybed of Kronos 61 better. Also was satisfied with the Extreme, bit less with M50 (but that has a budget keyboard/price).

I only checked a Motif in a store, and did not notice any improvement over the Kronos keyboardwise.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
christyjk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep korg extreme key touch is better one than kronos 61. my suggetion is plz concentrate on keys there is no action in keys like before..... iam a hardcore fan to korg products especially fan of keys and its action, invested more than 3000$ for this keyboard but there is no satisfaction for me, hope u understand me
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I understand, but I just don't share the opinion. Actually I'm using a Kronos and Extreme at the same time (moving hands from one to another whenever needed) and I don't have any trouble at all with the Kronos keyboard (nor with the Extreme btw).

I like the aftertouch of the Kronos a lot better though.

curvebender
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, but there seems to be a pattern in this and other forums:

First time posters who (in broken english):

1. Insure that they're fans of earlier product cycles, then

2. Complain about current products, and then

3. Invariably compare in a negative way with other brands.

I don't buy it.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

curvebender wrote:
I'm sorry, but there seems to be a pattern in this and other forums:

First time posters who (in broken english):

1. Insure that they're fans of earlier product cycles, then

2. Complain about current products, and then

3. Invariably compare in a negative way with other brands.

I don't buy it.

I noticed that too, as if this forum is the Yelp (a social networking, user review, and local search web site) for Korg products.

In addition to the newbie element, it seems that buyers ( or prospective buyers) haven't even tried the Kronos before buying it.

As in the case of the poster of this topic.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That reminds me of an idea a 'friend' of mine had.

He wanted to have some group of people he could hire. And a company could hire his 'service' group to add lots of messages on public fora, to change the opinion about a product or whatever.

I don't like that idea, because let's say company X does not like company Y (like a competitor). By writing falsified or misleading information about company Y others might think company Y does not make good products because of bad reviews. On the other hand, the other way also is wrong: writing good reviews which are not based upon real experiences.

GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
That reminds me of an idea a 'friend' of mine had.

He wanted to have some group of people he could hire. And a company could hire his 'service' group to add lots of messages on public fora, to change the opinion about a product or whatever.

I don't like that idea, because let's say company X does not like company Y (like a competitor). By writing falsified or misleading information about company Y others might think company Y does not make good products because of bad reviews. On the other hand, the other way also is wrong: writing good reviews which are not based upon real experiences.

if folks had to use their real name on the Internet, that would clean up alot of nonsense. Since there is ongoing anonymity, that creates the potential for the propagation of false information of a product, company . etc.

On another level, companies like Microsoft and Google spend billions every year with PR firms to 'shape ' and reshape public opinion. Companies are then organized under the guise of independant opinion, when they are actually funded by the PR firms. This has been going on for some decades.
christyjk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank u micheal for your explanation, but i don't agree such things caz i use to many keyboards, my humble request is to check KRonos with triton studio,r trinity plus n their key actions, try to solve n rectify those bugs in furthure products
christyjk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kronos is an awesome keyboard expect the key sense.
tonykey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with you, i own both Kronos 61 and Motif XF 6 ,I feel more comfortable with the Yamaha.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

christyjk wrote:
thank u micheal for your explanation, but i don't agree such things caz i use to many keyboards, my humble request is to check KRonos with triton studio,r trinity plus n their key actions, try to solve n rectify those bugs in furthure products

Ok I will if I have the chance, but I don't own those two keyboards.

SoundsOfPlanet
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I have a Triton Extreme 76, the Roland V-synth 61, and Kronos 61. The latter have definitely the best keyboard. Exclamation
I miss the version of the 76 semi-weighted natural touch in Korons.

http://www.soundsofplanet.com/
one Man -one Kronos- and new sounds by Sounds of Planet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: