Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are patches compatible between Triton Studio and Extreme?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perkins3@llnl.gov

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:59 am    Post subject: Are patches compatible between Triton Studio and Extreme? Reply with quote

Are patches -- combinations or programs -- compatible between a Triton Studio and Extreme? That is, is the addressing architecture compatible?

I've spent considerable time reprogramming my Studio patches but now need a spare -- either Studio or Extreme. But only interested in the latter if I can just load over my existing patches with no reprogramming - that is, they have to be compatible

Kidnepro who sells patches (see http://www.kidnepro.com/KN/Korg/Triton/TritonMain.html) says they are compatible. But as the Triton range progressed from Classic->Studio->Extreme, there was more sample ROM with new sounds and new onboard features (e.g the real tube effect on the Extreme). So what happens if some of the patches point to ROM sound bank addresses and/or features that the earlier models don't have?

I appreciate that the Studio patches have no info on the newer Extreme update features but will they address (i.e point to) all other features and sounds that the two KBs have in common?

Thanks muchly for replies!!
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Studio to Extreme - yes.

Extreme to Studio - no.

You should be OK. Extreme's ROM order for the primary ROM bank is identical to the Studio.

You might have some issues if you try to load combis without overwriting the Extreme's first few banks to be identical to your Studio -- the Triton Classic/Studio banks start at bank H or I on the Extreme, if I remember correctly.

On the other hand, you can actually move data around and get your stuff in... which leaves you with a bunch of sounds over and above the base ROM of the studio to work with in making new stuff. You won't get bored with the Extreme if you like the Studio.
_ _ _ _ _ _ __ _

You might also want to take a look at a Triton Rack, which is pretty much identical to the Studio in it's capacity and format -- a Triton Rack + controller would clone your studio. Main drawback there is the ability to get a new bank, mode and location instructions transmitted from a non-Korg controller.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: