Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PCM Data compatibility between M50 and Krome

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnnypro

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: PCM Data compatibility between M50 and Krome Reply with quote

OK, I know that you can put M50 PCGs into a Chrome. I've downloaded the ones from here and I'm using them on gigs (Love the organs!!!). But how is this possible with the M50 having 2x as many samples as the Krome and they're not in the same order??? Plus, how do you put in 12x as much ROM into the Krome and leave off 1/2 the samples????? Any explainations?? Bueller???

Thanx!! JP Question

Past Korgs: Korg Lambda, Korg Poly 6, Korg Poly 800, M1ex, T1, T3, T2, 01w, 01w/fd, TR6101wPro88, N5, N5ex, N1, Trinity V3, Triton, TRiton Le, Triton EX, X3, X5, X50.
splinters

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe because almost 3gb is just Piano samples?
Kromeheaven
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that even if pcg files are compatibles, your sample affectation need to be adapted on your krome.

Someone with the both synths can do the job...so krome users would have quite similar sounds.

http://www.korgnautilus.com
http://www.kromeheaven.com
johnnypro

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, actually, they just work. At least the patches do. Combos have to be tweaked. jp

Past Korgs: Korg Lambda, Korg Poly 6, Korg Poly 800, M1ex, T1, T3, T2, 01w, 01w/fd, TR6101wPro88, N5, N5ex, N1, Trinity V3, Triton, TRiton Le, Triton EX, X3, X5, X50.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnnypro wrote:
No, actually, they just work. At least the patches do. Combos have to be tweaked. jp

I can imagine 99% of the PCG file is equal. The new piano samples of the Krome do not have to be converted, because the M50 does not has these samples.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
johnnypro

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually if you go by numbers, the M50 and Krome are vastly different. I'm guessing the Krome can sense an M50 PCG and uses a Map. But I might be wrong. Again, tho: Why did they leave so many samples out??? JP

yank

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnnypro wrote:
Actually if you go by numbers, the M50 and Krome are vastly different. I'm guessing the Krome can sense an M50 PCG and uses a Map. But I might be wrong. Again, tho: Why did they leave so many samples out??? JP

I am asking again: How can be Krome compatible with M50 when there are cca 500 Multisamples from M50 missing in the Krome ? I would buy Krome, but this is disappointment.So it seems the M50 has still bigger memory for the other sounds than pianos and drums. Or not ?
csteen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimu had posted this on the other thread on this subject if you are interested in a direct comparrison.

M50 voice list with ROM samples
http://www.korg.com/uploads/Support/M50_VNL_EFGJ2_633668552856140000.pdf

krome voice list with ROM samples
http://www.korg.com/uploads/Support/USA_KROME_VNL_EFGSJ1.pdf
yank

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

csteen wrote:
Kimu had posted this on the other thread on this subject if you are interested in a direct comparrison.

Thanx , i have seen that. There is 1076 multisamples in M50 (except drums ) and only 540 in Krome (except drums and piano samples), so i still don't understand , how can be Krome compatible with M50, because there are missing samples in the Krome.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yank wrote:
csteen wrote:

Thanx , i have seen that. There is 1076 multisamples in M50 (except drums ) and only 540 in Krome (except drums and piano samples), so i still don't understand , how can be Krome compatible with M50, because there are missing samples in the Krome.

The only reason I can think of is they use a map to reference multiple samples ot the same sample in the Krome. But that would never result in a 100% accurate reproduction.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm too lazy to actually check, but could it be that the 1076 samples are mono (labeled piano -L and piano -R in the Korg fashion for instance) and the Krome ones are simple bundled in stereo? The numbers just seem too close for coincidence (540x2=1080).
yank

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding to manual - nope.If we are talking about non piano and drum sounds,they are mono and just few ( maybe 4 ) of them are stereo - but split. Each side of left / right has it's own sample number. But i hope, this sample area of non piano and drum samples is different and not just a reduced multisample memory area of M50.
Oldretro

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
johnnypro wrote:

I can imagine 99% of the PCG file is equal. The new piano samples of the Krome do not have to be converted, because the M50 does not has these samples.

I fear not. Johnnypro is right, about half the samples of the M50 are left out on the Krome. At least I can't find any of the Prophet VS samples, nore the resx samples, and more of these sort of spectral waveforms. For people who want to be able to create special synth and sfx sounds that's quite a disappointment. Now I want the hidden sampler function of the Krome even more. Or that they are going to sell sd cards with these waveforms, when (hopefully) the sampler function gets unlocked.
yank

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldretro wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:
johnnypro wrote:

I fear not. Johnnypro is right, about half the samples of the M50 are left out on the Krome. At least I can't find any of the Prophet VS samples, nore the resx samples, and more of these sort of spectral waveforms. For people who want to be able to create special synth and sfx sounds that's quite a disappointment. Now I want the hidden sampler function of the Krome even more. Or that they are going to sell sd cards with these waveforms, when (hopefully) the sampler function gets unlocked.

Yes, that's the big dissapointment, because everebody excpects from the new workstation at least the same featatures as it's predecessor.Without crippling.Those samples will missing to people who are creating sounds.I just hope, they will be sold separately as you say.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: