Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SD card fell inside keyboard

View previous topic :: View next topic  
countrycreek

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:02 am    Post subject: SD card fell inside keyboard Reply with quote

I was putting the sd card in the card slot and missed it and now it's inside the keyboard any ideas how to remove it , I have the krome 88 thanks. has this ever happened to anyone else?

km 200 Hartke (2)
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: SD card fell inside keyboard Reply with quote

countrycreek wrote:
I was putting the sd card in the card slot and missed it and now it's inside the keyboard any ideas how to remove it , I have the krome 88 thanks. has this ever happened to anyone else?

I once let a paperclip fall between two keys of a Korg N264 (73 keys). What I did was carefully open all screws on the back side and got it out.

I don't know how difficult it is to open/close a Krome... probably lots of screws, but the most important is that there might be parts that are aligned are not moved when opening.

I don't have a Krome so I cannot tell if aligning parts after opening can be a problem or not.

If you don't feel secure, go to a repair center.

On the ppositive side: unlike a paperclip an SD card is (nromally) made of plastic so it cannot result into current shortage.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
countrycreek

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't stand it I went ahead and opened it up no problem 88's are always easier more room.I had some sequences I was working on on the sd so now I back up back up back up

km 200 Hartke (2)
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's always good to backup because the SD card might break through other reasons ... a few weeks ago I turned my computer aside while an SD card was in ... the SD card cracked in a millisecond.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
roger2600
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:22 am    Post subject: I did it too Reply with quote

I actually did the same thing. I was reaching around the back to insert it and I felt it dissapear instead of going into the slot. They have a large space there in the chasis so this is easy to do when you don't realize it can happen and assume it will only go into the slot as intended.

Korg should be more careful in the design.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: