Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jazz/Rock Organ Prog

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob55

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Jazz/Rock Organ Prog Reply with quote

Hey all,
I just got my Krome recently and it is my first synth/workstation. Up till now been playing and gigging with my Yamaha p155 and a couple low end Casios.
Been wanting to get a workstation for years but as always cost has kept me away from the Kronos or Motif.
We play lot of Dire Straits pieces and I was hoping someone could direct me a good starting point/voice to get that sound.
I use the Jazz organ voice on the p155 but cant seem to quite get there on the Krome due to my inexperience with it at this point.
Sorry about the rookie/inexperienced question here, but any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
roger2600
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the pcg's in the download section called mix ther are a tonof organs in the f bank, most use two rotaries in perfect sinc which makes it deeper, in these programs knob 3 adjusts the drawbars
Rob55

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:11 am    Post subject: Jazz/Rock Organ Prog Reply with quote

Thanks Roger, Ill definitely check that out. I saw that download and was thinking about loading it in. I definitely will.
Probably load those and the Triton Tones download the same time. Thankyou
roger2600
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a suggestion. Since the A-E slots are easily re-loaded from the global screens. I load new programs into one of the A-E slots (overwriting the presets). Then I check out what I want to keep and copy the ones I want into the F bank in the order I want them. Then I go back and reload A-E from global and get my presets back. That way the F bank will build as you get new programs and you do not need to decide which bank you want to load into F, just build up your own F bank slowly as you find new programs. Then save the F bank to card as you go.
johnnypro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easier: Just load the downloaded programs onto a memory card and play from the card; then copy the programs you like singly from the memory card to your F bank. jp

Past Korgs: Korg Lambda, Korg Poly 6, Korg Poly 800, M1ex, T1, T3, T2, 01w, 01w/fd, TR6101wPro88, N5, N5ex, N1, Trinity V3, Triton, TRiton Le, Triton EX, X3, X5, X50.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With PCG Tools (see link in my signature) y ou can easily copy programs/combis from one PCG file to another.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: