Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NiteCore TM26 (Tiny Monster)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: NiteCore TM26 (Tiny Monster) Reply with quote

Hi all.
Some useless information that impressed the hell out of me. For photography reasons, I must have one of those huge big ass 10 Million Candle powered torches when I go out late at night.

My one died a few weeks ago and I've been trying to get another one. To make a long story short, since we are close to Christmas my wife wanted to get me a really good one, so she bought me a NiteCore TM26 without telling me.

It arrived yesterday and she had to show it to me because she was worried it wouldn’t do at all, as it was tiny compared to my 10 Million Candle touch, and this thing had only 4 LED's vs the big Halogen bulbs I normally use.

So, I got to open it up and do a check last night to see if it will do.

Well... “O” “M” “G”. This thing is insane. How on earth 4 LED's can pump out more light than the head lights on my Car is beyond me. Even with my Car on full lights with Fog Lamps running, the torch is brighter.

Just had to share that info because it's not often I'm completely blown away by something so simple as a touch. This thing is totally insane.

Regards
Sharp
Joe Gerardi
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean. I'm a shooter, and I got an Ultrafire WF501B LED to hang off one of my rifles, and I'm blown away by 270 Lumens of brightness in a little 4 inch light. It will light up the tops of trees 120 yards away like daylight, and similarly, it's a 4 LED flashlight.

I liked it so much, I bough a second one to keep around the house, and my airplane partner bought 2 as well- one for his guns and one we keep at the hangar to illuminate the inside of airplanes to see, and find the stuff we drop. (Which is a lot and often!)

Only issues are they tend to get a little hot, and you *really* gotta keep them away from the eyes of people.

..Joe
Yuma
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the data sheet of the CREE XM-L LED, of which the NiteCore TM26 has 4 in total:
Quote:
The XLamp XM-L LED is the industry’s highest performance, single die, white lighting class LED.
The XLamp XM-L is 20% more efficient than the XLamp XP-G at the same current, and can deliver 1000 lumens with 100 lumens per watt efficacy.

Sound like a quite powerful torch to me.
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking on youtube, seems like the beam spread and colour retention is pretty good too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: