Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Voice Stealing with only 2 parts playing!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wasstof

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:34 am    Post subject: Voice Stealing with only 2 parts playing!! Reply with quote

Only had 10 minutes to play with my tribe last night but wanted to sketch out a more intricate kick drum pattern than just 4/4, loathing the metronome I copied the default kick part from pad 13 up to pad 1, then cleared the pattern on 13... With me so far?
I then "played" in a pattern to pad 13, I noticed at this point that the "metronome" kick on pad 1 was occasionally interrupted by the kick pattern on 13!!!
I tried various different kick sounds on both pads even resorting to sticking a VERY resonant filter on pad 1 to be certain I wasn't just hearing stuff, if I turn down the volume on pad 13 all is well with 1 but as I turned up th volume on 13 the kick on 1 starts to be interrupted, I can even See the LED on the pad flash as the sound retriggers...
Its ALMOST as though its acting like an alternate part!
I'll try to recreate this again tonight to see if I can figure out what's going on, any suggestions of things to try to get to the bottom of the cause?
B.T.W. No insert or MFX on either track
And Now a Volca Sample...
Tarekith
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've run into the same thing a few times:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=96310

In my case it was a simple synth part that was dropping voices with a hh part. Neither was using effects, but with only those two parts playing, they would start cutting each other off. Bug I guess, I could never figure out what was causing it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: