Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How many of you have had problems with korg pitchbend?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
normthesamurai

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: How many of you have had problems with korg pitchbend? Reply with quote

Hey I just got a triton studio even though I already knew about the infamous korg joysticks. I'm wondering how many of you have had problems with the pitchstick and what type of Triton you had.

Is this a problem in every triton? Can I fix it myself (I have soldering experience and there is no authorised korg repairer near me) If I can fix it is there a way I can make the stick more reliable (I Play rock and need to use the pitch bend alot. I can't afford to have it mess up on me cause I don't have the time to wait without a keyboard nor the funds to buy a backup)

*edit: oops I didn't realize there was a general korg synth forum, sorry for posting in the wrong place

Last edited by normthesamurai on Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Mad Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own TR. I hadn't problems with joystick, but there was a problem with aftertouch. I opened back cover of my TR and checked every wire inside, but had found nothing suspicious. I closed back cover. And aftertouch worked again. I couldn't figure out what was the problem. But I think it is a faulty contact somewhere. Sad
Korg M3-M + Radias; Korg Triton Extreme 88 + Moss; Korg Triton Rack; Korg X50; Korg TR-Rack; Korg X3R; Korg 01R/W; Clavia Nord Rack 3; Access Virus B; Novation SuperNova; Quasimidi RavenMAX; Roland JP-8080; GEM S2R; Ensoniq SQ-R; Roland VP-550; Roland AX-7
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dr.InnoVation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: How many of you have had problems with korg pitchbend? Reply with quote

normthesamurai wrote:
Hey I just got a triton studio even though I already knew about the infamous korg joysticks. I'm wondering how many of you have had problems with the pitchstick and what type of Triton you had.

Is this a problem in every triton? Can I fix it myself (I have soldering experience and there is no authorised korg repairer near me) If I can fix it is there a way I can make the stick more reliable (I Play rock and need to use the pitch bend alot. I can't afford to have it mess up on me cause I don't have the time to wait without a keyboard nor the funds to buy a backup)

*edit: oops I didn't realize there was a general korg synth forum, sorry for posting in the wrong place

Hiyah!

My extreme's joystick no longer works when you bend it right to center for a guitar pitch change...............I want to take it apart because if seems something tops the joystick from returning to the center after I slide it to the right..... What happened to yours?
SoundClick Page: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=868853
Lorenzo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some minor problems I can solve by myself on my triton pro x joystick (x axes), I fix once but I have to fix it again... Rolling Eyes anyway I had and still have problem with both the pitch wheel of a brand new k2661 and a uf7 master keyb... so me and pitch are fighting enemies.
regards, Lorenzo
korg_nikos

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All

Korg Triton Le: The joystick has come to a fault several times (3). More specifically moving the joystick to +/-X had no effect at all. The problem was on X axis and never on Y. The fault was electrical and never mechanical. I had to replace the underneath inner cable which drives the signal which is generated by the horizontal move of the Joystick.

Korg Triton Extreme: Never had a problem.

Korg Pa 80. There is a problem on Y axis. When i releas the joystick from -Y to null position it doesn't recover precisely. If i have the -Y control assigned to drop the pitch by an octave you can still here some small amount of detune when it comes back.So i need to push it upwards for a precise recovery. It is not a major problem though and you can only hear this only if you have it set to over -12 pitch drop. I think this is a mechanical issue. Perhaps the k constant of the inner spring has changed and the spring itself needs replacement.

Casio CZ-101 (Old synth but never had issues with it's wheel)
But let's keep it to korgs only...I have some other synths too like Roland but i guess this is a Korg forum.

(Hi Lorenzo, as you can see this is a more peaceful thread than the last one we met in here...Lol...) C'mon let me have your 3000th post as a reply. Cheers bro
paul_courville

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem, no pitch bend on x-axis.
A wire came broke loose from it's JST connector.
It takes a special crimping tool and an experienced assembler or technician to perform the repair properly.
EJ2
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been a problem with the Karma as well with more than a few users complaining. I've repaired mine 3 times and now it requires repair again.

CATALYST v 2 Blast of Inspiration for KRONOS & OASYS: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst2.html
CATALYST v 1 Combi Explosion for KRONOS, OASYS, M3, & K-M50: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst1.html
CHEMISTRY 3, a Groove Injection for Your Karma: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/chem3.html
SoundCloud MP3 Demoshttps://soundcloud.com/ej2-sc
jazlover
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric (ole friend) nothing dirty implied....but you have just worn out that ole joystick. Rolling Eyes

Too many late nights.
EJ2
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jazlover wrote:
Eric (ole friend) nothing dirty implied....but you have just worn out that ole joystick. Rolling Eyes

Too many late nights.

OMG! Flickin' in the jim jam, flappin' on the zitz; gots to leave my joystick and pinch my wife's **** ! Twisted Evil OMGB! I'm in trouble. Embarassed Laughing

CATALYST v 2 Blast of Inspiration for KRONOS & OASYS: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst2.html
CATALYST v 1 Combi Explosion for KRONOS, OASYS, M3, & K-M50: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst1.html
CHEMISTRY 3, a Groove Injection for Your Karma: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/chem3.html
SoundCloud MP3 Demoshttps://soundcloud.com/ej2-sc
Lorenzo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing
normthesamurai

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It kinda seems weird that all the way up to the extreme (and I'm guessing Oasys that uses the same joystick right?) they didn't bother to address those issues so that the replacement joysticks are more lasting
jazlover
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karma was never made for roughed use. It is a great machine in a flimsey body. I abuse my Triton and have had no trouble with it (all these years). The answer is Triton/Karma. Wink
mindlessstyle

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey. im new to this forum. forgive me if im not familiar with the rules.
i know it's irrelevant to the pitch bend wheel but im panicked...
my recording button on my triton fell in. and i don't know how or who to contact to get it fixed and how much (if anyone would know) roughly do you think a repair like this would cost.

thank you in advance for your help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: