Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EMX Editing Software

View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul_courville

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:09 am    Post subject: EMX Editing Software Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

Cyberdude here.

The same people that developed the EM-1 Editor Software are taking requests for new development ideas.

Go here http://www.midiweb.de/ then click on suggestions and scroll down.

You see the area to select the EMX and add your comments.

Perhaps we could speed things along by getting Ruso involved!

Paul
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do keep in mind cyberdude that the last visible update on that site was in 05....

I would get involved and write something but I have no time to do so... not to mention that for me the electribes are almost dead(no matter how fun they are to pick up sometimes).... I've just moved on to different things... why make a pattern editing software when you could just sequence the electribe from ableton live and have unlimited variations you could add.... you could also make a new arpeggiator using ableton's... you could also record what you make in ableton into the electribe....
reddone

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah abelton has very useful capabilities , such as staring new patterns at any point . But the same thing could be done from a dedicated emx software n user interface that would give easy access to the depths of the MX .
If there is ONE thing that does bug me at times on the MX its that it doesnt let u make anything smaller than a bar . There are tricks to get round that but software does help . I will use ableton as i need it , but its not the be all and end all , for ME at least .

If the MX is dead for u Ruso , ok then . Maybe you should have got a synth you could control from your setup that would satisfy u longer .
Every one has a right to thier own beleifs , and i dont doubt u are highly creative , but negativity does'nt help anyone .
In my lifetime positivity and belief have carried me much further than not , and I personally will support korg Electribes until Korg tell me that " they are dead " .

Anyway , the Em-1 software programmers are probably still alive , so hunting them down or korg contacting them ( And after my reply from Brian rath i think this may be a real possibility , JUST MAYBE ) would'nt do any harm would it ? I think it silly to throw in the towel yet !!
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude I'm not being negative toward electribes all I'm saying is that I have no motivation to write the software... it's too big of a project that can be acomplished via ableton with no effort...

also I do have synths which I'm working with, my big daddies are FM8 Massive Rapture, Operator(which by the way is more phat then emx), Simpler, furby..... impulse is my secondary sampler next to ableton....

and don't judge my creativity by the fact that I don't use the electribes any more.... I have a custom programmed midi setup which can be switched from a 100% improv (with custom drum sequencers) to a live performance set with my tracks.... Ableton allows you tons more creativity then EMX or ESX... and any form of creativity that you can come up with on those two machines you could EASILLY replicate with the operator/simpler/impulse....

actually like I've said before, it's possible to rebuild the emx within ableton using racks... and using the emx to control it all and it sounds better (I've done this before)
reddone

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruso from reading your posts i gather that u are Very creative , i can see that you know what works for you . I often appreciate you comments , i am not judgemental AT ALL , so please dont think i am having a poke at you .

This is a electribe forum though , and u seem to be more negative than positive towards the Mx , and i dont think it is very encouraging for others .

That was my point really . Not everyone has enough money for a PC , MX , and ABLETON , some mite have hardware only , and they dont need not read its not good enough .

Still , i like the banter ... lol Wink
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khehe well i'm more of schooling paul who just happens to have all of the above... I am not negative to either of the machines, in fact I say that in just about every critical post I make about them.... that's really all I am, critical.... I'd highly recommend(THESE DAYS, Not a couple years ago) spending the 500 bucks the electribes cost on a copy of ableton Wink....

but anyways that's not to say they're not great machines.... the point is the software for editing patterns would require so much time to create that it doesn't seem worth it at all to me... you could achieve the same effect from any midi sequencing software even freebies....
musikmachine

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruso wrote:
khehe well i'm more of schooling paul who just happens to have all of the above... I am not negative to either of the machines, in fact I say that in just about every critical post I make about them.... that's really all I am, critical.... I'd highly recommend(THESE DAYS, Not a couple years ago) spending the 500 bucks the electribes cost on a copy of ableton Wink....

but anyways that's not to say they're not great machines.... the point is the software for editing patterns would require so much time to create that it doesn't seem worth it at all to me... you could achieve the same effect from any midi sequencing software even freebies....

Your have a point.Thats what i've been doing;I'll start a pattern on the emx and record sequences into live then create variations,fills etc.The editing is much better in live but the emx and i can do morebut the mx is a fundamental part of the music making process now.i wouldn't replace with live but live i my main sequencer.Besides i really like the sound of the mx.

Btw you said you could record what you make in live into the emx,how?Thats what i was trying to find out!Do i just play the midi file?Convert to sysex.Please tell! Sounds Good
reddone

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah guys , i hear what u say . I hav used Many softsynths over the years and some are great , others dont bring anything original to the game . But .. I eventually narrowed it down to just a few bits of software ( even
neglected my mx 4 a year ) . When i got evicted tho ( u can imagine why ) i only had the only the mx 4 a year , and hav found it suits me more as i constantly find more i than i doubted it had . By no means am i saying it is a Studio killer , ive just found that i can do what i want if i try
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to record back onto the electribe make the pattern the same length as the clip you have and press record, all the note data that abletonw ill send will record into that pattern ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: