Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EMX/ESX 220v

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noloqy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: EMX/ESX 220v Reply with quote

Hi guys,
I'm new around here, but I have a question.

I live in the Netherlands, where we use 220v, and I know in the USA you use 110v. The problem is that in Europe the EMX and ESX are about twice as expensive at the current exchange rates.

Therefore I would like to import both the ESX and EMX from the US. The first problem is that the power supply cables won't fit, or the electric circuit would be damaged. I can buy simple converters, which change 220v into 110v but doesn't change our 50Hz into the American 60Hz.

But then I was thinking far too complicated. I guess both the EU and the US models use a 9v power supply, which is being converted by the adapter. Although I never took a science course, it would make sense the 9v output is the same for the EU and US adapters.

So now my question: can I buy the US EMX and ESX models, buy European 220v adapters here at a Korg dealer, and use the machines without any trouble?

I need to know this for sure before I buy them, cause else I'll be stuck with some useless equipment...

Well, thanks in advance, and if I need to define my question more clearly please ask me to do so.

Mark
nemmo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

50hz vs 60hz don't make too much of a difference.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: