Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3D Render - Holiday Sunset

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Photography and Graphic Design
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:38 am    Post subject: 3D Render - Holiday Sunset Reply with quote

HI all.
Just completed a new 3D render I call Holiday Sunset.

This is one I had in the back of my mind of a long time and I finally decided to do this.

Regards
Sharp.
laughing_bear
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing.

On my macbooc, may be thats the reason, there are two green horizontal stripes, in the sky, same height where the sun is, left border and right border.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm.... your not supposed to be able to see that Smile
It's function is a secret and my own creation. Wink

Now that you mentioned it I can see it too so I need to have a look at what went wrong here.

Regards.
James.
laughing_bear
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehehe, ah well, global warming and all.... Laughing

P.S. now I am broke, I could not resist, I ordered the 135 f1.8 as well. Man this is a sucker of a lense, while the 24-70 already is very good, it does not equal the 135 for resolution, apart from being by far the sharpest in the whole setup.

For landscapes, being somewhat a longer lense, I will stitch a few.

I CAN NOT WAIT ANY LONGER......

Laughing
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol... I'm so jealous.
When are you expecting delivery on everything ?

What to see a little 25MP action right now Very Happy

Here's a photo I took of "Hook Head" Lighthouse at night.

Click here for the full res version.
http://www.waterfordcameraclub.com/images/hook-head-hi.jpg

Regards
James
laughing_bear
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not discussing jpeg shots. Laughing (Ihave RAW files form friends that post processed and printed for analyse)

Wink

Yeah, very nice, has potential!

I just ordered the system on Saturday, it was shipped per UPS today, so 5-7 days from UK. The 135mm F1.8 I ordered this mornign, sharp 9:00AM, she was laughing like Hell. Laughing

Nice people, a small family owned business in Sheffield, Harrisoncameras, I can recommend them mate, if you buy your 24-70, ask for Allison, tell her I send you, besides, you can ditch the 15% VAt if you are registered.

I have three more lenses on my shortlist, the CZ85mm flippin F1.4 and the CZ 16-35 F2.8, the third is a lense that is not officalyy announced yet... can't talk about it. Smile

I could pay you a visit after my main exhibition, goes from July-September, and I am present 24/7, but October would be a possibility to meet. I'd bring all lenses with me and we could go shooting together for a weekend if you like that idea. We know eachother since so many years, and never managed to meet, although we were literllay neighbours when I lived in Wicklow.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love shots like this. I always end up taking ones like these on my cameraphone... But it never comes out like that!
unfortunately, the wing gives away the CG - appears too crisp.
But this also outlines the advantages of rendering - you can get shots and images that look better than life, or would be impossible to achieve with a camera.

IMO, it would appear your angle is too high above the wing - giving it the wrong perspective. if you added some flare too then it would be much more like you are actually viewing it from a window in the plane. Smile
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Photography and Graphic Design All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: