Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

i3 backing sequences

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1stripey

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: i3 backing sequences Reply with quote

Hi Guys

I gigged around Britain and Majorca for 15 years, using an i3 (always will be the best styles, drums, etc IMHO; and I stacked up lots of very important & sentimental backing sequences which I'd like to keep playing.

Can anybody tell me if there is any smaller board/module that will play these sequences with these sound banks other than the i3? Or will I have to get another i3 (any out there for sale?) along with the other newer boards in my studio. i5M is no good cos it doesn't split styles/arrangements or allow for editing. Likewise the i5s. Is the i40m up for i3 backing sequences?

Would appreciate your advice guys, and thanks in anticipation.

Regards and take care. 1stripey Smile
shirreff

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an I3 and I don't think that there is any way to use the styles on another keyboard.
If your current keyboard has a floppy drive i could send you a disk to try.
I also have a second I3 which I will be selling if you fancy one I will let you know when it is available.
1stripey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: i3 Reply with quote

Hi Shirreff,

Thanks for your reply and advice. You're probably right, I was just hoping that maybe the i40m would have done the job. But since you have an i3 which you may be selling soon, perhaps you will let me know as soon as you decide when and how much...

Thanks again

regards ken (1stripey) Smile
shirreff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Well I will be selling in about a month, probably around 200.
In the mean time have you tried this site.
http://silverhawk33.tripod.com/id10.html
You might get some styles from there, you can download them and they might go into your i40m or somebody might have converted them from i3 to i40.
It's worth a try.
1stripey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: i3 Reply with quote

Hi Shirreff

Thanks again for your reply and advice. I might have mislead you about the instruments. I don't have an i40m, I was just wondering if it would play i3 backing sequences; if so I would have got one. But no probs, I will wait until your i3 becomes available. Is it expanded at all (32 user styles etc), and does it have a H/D ?? No worries either way, just curious.

The address you gave me I already have a link too, you're right it is a good site.

Thanks again, speak soon.

Regards, ken.

Smile
shirreff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Just keeping you posted on my I3.
Some bad news and some good.
I have 2, one I use reguarly and one I keep as a spare. I tried out the spare and some of the sounds are corrupt so it is no use for what you want. I tried re loading in the sounds but it can't be done on the I3, they can only be edited.
The good new is I don't use my other I3 for styles and backing seqences as I use soft sytnth's on my laptop and midi files now.
So if you are interested I could sell my good one to you and keep the other and use it as a controller.
I will record the tracks I still use then I will no longer need any of the sounds on the keyboard.
let me know if you are still interested. Very Happy
1stripey

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: i3 Reply with quote

Hi again Shirreff

Yes, still very interested. I've got one at the moment which I bought from someone up-country, but it was mis-described to me , and has a broken bottom key, has some home-painted buttons, and quite a few dodgy buttons.

I'm the kind of musician who loves to play a board that not only is in good condition, but looks in good condition. Somehow I enjoy playing a lot more with a clean pro-looking keyboard. You sound the same kinda guy to me, and I imagine you keep all your gear in good nick.

As far as the expansion and hard disk go, if yours doesn't have them, no worries, I can live without them, especially as I don't play live anymore, but do all my work in a little studio at home.

Will you be able to wait just a few weeks while I put some cash together (?), and by the way, what would you want for it ?

Look forward to your reply.

Regards & take care, ken. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg i-Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: