Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What are You going to plug your Kronos into
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnnydr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:26 pm    Post subject: What are You going to plug your Kronos into Reply with quote

Right now I just have a power strip in my rack with a circuit breaker,but I'm thinking of getting a better power conditioner when Iget my Kronos.
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of my gear goes through a power conditioner - especially live.
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noise hasn't been an issue in my room. Well a bit with single cold pups and a high gain amp but that goes without saying. So wall and play back through two KRK rp5 or 2 QSC K10's. Incredible sounds through he K10's. The rp's are great for play back but not for monitoring now low end since I don't have a sub but the K10's with deep do an excellent job.
ScoobyDoo555
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had my wiring re-done when my room was renovated back in Jan. All ready to go.
Just missing one thing!!!
Yamaha SY77 & KX88, SSL Nucleus, Korg Kronos 61, Wavestation A/D, Access Virus B, Roland XP30, DeepMind12D, System 1m, V-Synth XT, Focusrite Red16Line, Unitor 8, Akai S3000 XL, Alesis Quadraverb+, Focal Shape Twins, Full fat iMac, Logic Pro X, ProTools 2021, loadsa plugins.
MidnightPackage

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sina172 wrote:

For most situations, Monster or Furman are GREAT solutions for power and if your going live, you need battery backup so you can continue playing if power goes out at any given time.

lol
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Normal power strip Reply with quote

I'm going to use a normal power strip, live as in the rehearsal room.

This may sound 'strange', but in the Netherlands I never had real problems with power. Very occasionaly the ground lift of the DI box need to be enabled but my synths (all Korg) never had any problems with power spikes etc. I assume the Netherlands have a very decent power supply (220V, 50 Hz).

In the few cases that the power is removed because too many gear is plugged in one group (normally 16A x 220V = about 3.5KW), then I just power up again after restoring the power.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
peter_schwartz

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the event any of you work in a location that's prone to power outages, and FWIW, a power conditioner won't do squat. What you need in these situations is an uninterruptible power supply ("UPS").
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peter_schwartz wrote:
In the event any of you work in a location that's prone to power outages, and FWIW, a power conditioner won't do squat. What you need in these situations is an uninterruptible power supply ("UPS").

Unluckily this would not solve the problem for most bands ... unless the rest of the band including the complete PA (and light) system would also be UPS-ed.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
peter_schwartz

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even on big tours the PA and lighting aren't on UPS's, though sometimes they'll be on isolated, generator power. That aside, a UPS will save your keyboards, computer, etc. from data loss and potentially from getting fried in any situation where power outages are likely or frequent. But more importantly, when power outages are unexpected! Idea
nowtime

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so I need to fork over another $200 for a conditioner? I have never used one in 30 years of keyboard ownnership (with occasional gigs) and don't think I've ever had a problem.

Conditioner is necessary: fact or fiction?

Granted I do have some expensive gear now with my Virus, UFX, Kronos (!) and MBP.
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your gear never leaves the house and you trust the power company to deliver good power, you're good to go.

BUT

Play ONE show where bad power fries your gear and you'll never play another show without one. I no longer play a show without one.

I also paid about $45 for APC unit...
Current Korg Gear: KRONOS 88 (4GB), M50-73 (PS mod), RADIAS-73, Electribe MX, Triton Pro (MOSS, SCSI, CF, 64MB RAM), SQ-64, DVP-1, MEX-8000, MR-1, KAOSSilator, nanoKey, nanoKontrol, 3x nanoPad 2, 3x DS1H, 7x PS1, FC7 (yes Korg, NOT Yamaha).
T7

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Tripp Lite Isobar surge protectors for all my gear. Turns out Yamaha recommends them for all their pro audio gear, which I consider a pretty good endorsement.
McHale
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

surge protectors won't take care of your gear if the facility is wired wrong or there's under/over voltage... just power surges.

This is what I use when I play out:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00009RA60/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000G5YO9W&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0DR03RV8ZZ4STKF9277P

It takes care of Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR), Brownout correction, Overvoltage Correction and Power Surges.
T7

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHale wrote:
surge protectors won't take care of your gear if the facility is wired wrong or there's under/over voltage...

A nice feature on the Tripp Lite surge protectors are the LED indicators for grounding faults and faulty wiring.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: