Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is the Korg Kronos, weathering the storm? what storm? :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is the Kronos weathering the storm?
Yes, because it is so good.
75%
 75%  [ 58 ]
Not yet, I will reserve judgement.
16%
 16%  [ 13 ]
Still not happy, maybe I never will be.
7%
 7%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 77

Dniss
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's such a fun and great instrument, that anyone holding on their purchase because of the remote chance of getting a defective keybed is making a bad jugement call.

That's IMOH, of course.

You don't know what you're missing.
Wink
Francois
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Specially now that the problem has been cured and that new machines built do not risk being affected.
Hooch

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to not read more of this thread after all the opinions
that were right.
And the history off those opinions speak truths of the writers.

So, we're all correct in our assumptions of the instrument and the intent it was delivered.

It is great. Given the hands that wield it.
Any gift of such magnitude is.

You all are going to write and create whether it's a Kronos or a 5 dollar guitar with a couple of missing strings and 2 drumsticks and the environment.

I like the Kronos, the guitar, the drum, and the environment.

John
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say is my K73 worked fine once again in a rehearsal last night as it always had. Sorry for anyone who has had problems with theirs.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeedyLee wrote:
NuSkoolTone wrote:
When he figures out how to beat (O) n log n without needing like a trillion iterations to do so.

Sorry to be pedantic, should the asymptotic notation instead be:
Code:
O(n log n)

Would an algorithm with an asymptotic complexity of O(n log n) necessarily require a massive number of iterations to complete, unless for example the input set size is also equally large? Is there something inherently complex about algorithms with O(n log n) complexity that requires solving, moreso than other classes of algorithmic complexity? To me, saying "beat (O) n log n" is like saying "solve bad quality audio" - without context or rationale, it makes little sense.

I'm just trying to make sense of your statement.

(Sorry for derailing the topic of conversation significantly).[/code]

Good catch! You're right it is O(n log n). Was lazy in my post. What I was getting at was the achievements of the named "Guru" I was supposed to be "aware of" as a professional. From what I read looking up real quick, they weren't the type of thing the computer science community at large even takes notice of.

A colleague of mine recently was telling my about someone (forget) who managed to beat O(n log n). However they needed a sample set size with trillions of elements to do so. With smaller sets O(n log n) was still superior. I never verified what the person told me, though I trust it was true as they are passionate about algorithm efficiency and physics.
AMR

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has as many issues as an eccentric super-model.
It also looks, feels and performs like one.

Kind Regards,
AMR
http://www.alvaromrocha.com
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMR wrote:
It has as many issues as an eccentric super-model.
It also looks, feels and performs like one.

Kind Regards,
AMR
http://www.alvaromrocha.com

Yes you could compare it with a super model.
Except this one does exactly as expected and never had such a powerful synth before. Actually how it looks like does not really matter to me much.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MarPabl
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeroesque wrote:
I will clarify for you. You're making the same mistake as NuSkoolTone but with the additional bunk about analyzing time lines of an organization that you aren't a part of. See above for more clarification.
Also, I have a job for you, since you're a "professional."

And aren't you also "analizying" how Korg is doing internally? The difference between you and others is that you're just writing without any minimal basis and try to put links wich make little sense. Here at least we talked about timelines, insider views on Korg, experience etc. Also, while we recognize those can't be considered definitive arguments, those are way way better compared with your funny links and weird comments.

You've been asked about your profession, I guess you're the guy who has a problem for every solution or something like that. Next time you try to come to argue, bring arguments and stop making lose our time.

Zeroesque wrote:
While they aren't at Korg, if you two can't handle those jobs (along with the possible additions of touchscreen development experience and Linux kernal knowledge), then I don't know what you think gives you the experience to judge the Korg development process. If you could handle those jobs, I'd expect you to know enough to realize that you'd already have a gigantic task list with dozens of items having a higher priority than "add piano roll to Kronos."

Hope you can read previous posts and argue about timeline. Of course, being pretty clear you have zero idea about developing, I can understand they're written in chinesse for you. So you better get out of this Smile

Oh and you "expert" come and explain us how 5 years aren't enought for doing this gigantic task when it was completed on 1 year for another workstation. Avoid trivial dumb comments like "shortage of developers", this isn't important for me (and not important for the world)... try something better please.

Zeroesque wrote:
Sorry if this all seems pretty rough, but I can't overlook just how unfair some forum members are being toward the real people that work at Korg and make our beautiful instruments. My guess is that these same members wouldn't appreciate if a bunch of people they never met told them how they fail at their jobs daily.

This isn't rough, this is nonsense. Oh, and you must be very aware that you're getting "rough" responses because you're acting like a fanboy and you're starting with personal offenses. As you know, this is totally uncalled for, but if you enjoy like this, so be it.

Zeroesque wrote:
All that said, I wouldn't mind seeing the sequencer improved. I use it as a scratch pad and easier editing would be nice. However, I'd much rather see more soundware and engine development...that's what the Kronos is all about, to me. And let's all acknowledge that this machine is already arguably the most sophisticated instrument we've ever used.

Good for you, but for many others this is important. If you don't care about this, stop talking about something you have no idea.

Zeroesque wrote:
jimknopf wrote:
[...]Then the sequencer simply would be a victim of the priority list, not of missing good will or skill.

Exactly, thank you, jimknopf. The rest of this post was on the mark as well.

If you just had learned to read (hope you'll do when you answer this), my first post was about the shortage on Korg's engineering. Please read first and then bring something new and relevant... or better go away.
1jordyzzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't know what you are arguing about, but back on topic, i think kronos do weather the storm (i don't know what weathering the storm mean, but i think the meaning is "is kronos do magnificent / really good??")

No other workstation / synth has a capability near this beast. It's like having a stage piano, a rhodes, a dx7, 3 analog synth, a hammond, a string modeller, and a rompler all under 1 roof... and also, i think it's the most expandable synth available on the market today.. The library is so extensive that it would take multiple gigabytes of pcm samples... Compared to rompler which has less than 1 gigs for sure..
Kronos piano itself took 4 gigabytes of the disk... You can imagine how superb their fidelity and quality... and not to mention UNLOOPED SAMPLES... first on a workstation (and maybe first on the keyboard world (not included computer software))... I have some experience with roland RD series.. and although the sound of the piano is pristine, the fake envelope of it also sounds pristine Very Happy Razz ... Also, kronos will help me gigging a lot with it's setlist feature.. something that most workstation lack (it's about choosing your setup randomly, not in order.. some kind like registration memory).. and another one, i'm not the kind of "DAW's" big fan.. I like to have all my sound all at 1 or 2 keyboards.. I don't like to bring a laptop over to a gig.. And who knows maybe your laptops could crash and all the sudden you have no sounds at all?? with kronos, i'm not saying that it cannot crash, but there is far less chance that it will crash than a computer..

Sure maybe there is ups and lows on the kronos, but hey, does every workstations in this world has ups and downs too?? and for those who don't suit better with kronos, simply look for another one.. Kronos is not designed to suit everyone, everybody has his own taste of sounds... And for those who says that kronos is "not good", well think again... If it's really "not good", how come a great musicians (jordan rudess to name a few) used them as their main rig??

For issues that happened (rh3 bug, data wheel, etc), korg didn't just leave those problem exist.. they work hard and create a solution that fixes it all..

again, it's all my own opinion, no offense...

Do you ever feel when you saw kronos, that it's the right keyboard for you?? well i do feel it... hahaha Very Happy

Korg Kronos 88, Yamaha PSR s910, Korg C720, Yamaha DTX 520, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, a pair of Yamaha HS80 in (soon not to be) an unproperly treated room..
DennyC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No storm here; just enjoying my 61. It isn't a matter of needing it, but rather, a matter of wanting it. Delineating needs from wants is a difficult challenge, and enigma for most. No doubt, this board is a winner. Smile Smile
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry that I keep on reiterating that I've so far had no problems with mine. I guess I just don't understand the arguing. My Kronos does everything I expect of it. No more and no less. I was never expecting it to be the "be all and end all" of keyboards. It's only a matter of time when some company makes it look like a pathetic little toy. What with the state of development when it comes to electronics these days I can see keyboards that automatically adjust weight depending on the program you are running. Variable response curves, say. 20 synth engines, a lot more effects. The list is endless. It's only a matter of time so be thankful for what you have now and enjoy the music you can make.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: