Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Introduction (UK)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Introduction (UK) Reply with quote

Hi All,

Long time lurker, but time to join properly!

Bought my beautiful ex-dealer demo M1 in 1989 from "Future Music" in Chelsea for the unheard of sum of £995 and have played and gigged it ever since. Recently bought a T2EX from an eBay seller for the 76-note keyboard that feels like my M1 (but tighter because it's not been hammered as hard!) but goes on for another 15 notes Very Happy

Both the M1 and T2 need a complete new set of Tact switches and they are on order. Hopefully they will both work after the operation.

Would kill for an Oasys, but sadly have a conscience!

Kind regards,
JohnA.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Introduction (UK) Reply with quote

JohnA wrote:
Hi All,

Would kill for an Oasys, but sadly have a conscience!

Welcome to the forum ... why not think about a Kronos?

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
JohnA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Thanks Michel! And the Kronos? Don't get me wrong, it's a fabulous thing, but it has that typical understated Korg look from the T and X ranges - the Oasys - yikes! It looks like the love child of a brief coupling between a B&O stereo and the bridge of the Enterprise!

Well, it works for me Smile
partz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Smile hope you dont mind me posting my own introduction in your post john.

Your comments on the oasys resonated. It took me 3 and a half years to choose a new synth. I was toying with the idea of getting an m3 but... Do people really like those wooden panels? The kronos is technicaly awesome but looks so understated. I've finally opted for the m50 as an aesthetically pleasing compromise (although i have to say im so blown away by it i'm struggling to see the compromise right now Very Happy ) so i can relate to your oasys comments. I think having an instrument that looks so stylish doesnt do the creative process any harm.

Anyway... With my dated synth collection consisting of a roland sh101 and a single timbre dx7 you can well imagine i'll be the one asking noob questions on m50 sequencing. Oh... I do have a monotron.... That was my statement of intent Smile
Jakker27

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John just so you know Bonners music have a Oasys 88 in stock for a decent price. 12 month 0% finance is available. I was so close to buying it myself. I even have the finance forms but had a late change of heart. There were a few reasons but it's a giant still.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnA wrote:
Quote:

Thanks Michel! And the Kronos? Don't get me wrong, it's a fabulous thing, but it has that typical understated Korg look from the T and X ranges - the Oasys - yikes! It looks like the love child of a brief coupling between a B&O stereo and the bridge of the Enterprise!

Well, it works for me Smile

Yes I know the Kronos / Oasys looks quite different from the models from the generations before. A lot of controllers and ribbon is added, and of course a bigger display to accomodate all parameters etc.

It took me some time to get used to, but I wouldn't do without a big touch screen anymore.

On the other hand, The older synths still sound as good as they did before and you can make beautiful music with it.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> New Members Zone All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: