Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jog wheel not working right HELP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
biggrime

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:30 am    Post subject: Jog wheel not working right HELP Reply with quote

When I got my M3 I use the jog wheel every chance I got. and it does not work properly anymore. if I turn right it moves right a little then left the right like it is not catching or something. Is it do to ove use? or has someone have had that problem and have a solution I can do ?

Proud korg kronos 2 owner
philipgruver

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen this problem on the M3 and other Korg boards including the X-50, typically store display models that have been abused. Roland used to use something similar on their Alpha Juno models and I remember seeing them slip also. This is probably just wear and tear on a weak mechanical device. I've seen my jog wheel start to slip and I hope it does not get worse. Like you I use my jog wheel a lot and I am very gentle with it. But I am thinking about ordering a replacement now and then have it replaced if and when it fails. Recommendation to Korg is that they abandon this type of jog wheel on future designs and go with a more robust 360 type knob.

I see that you live in the Richmond VA area. Have you tried any of these places recommended by Korg http://www.korg.com/DealerLocatorResults.aspx?type=service&zip=23223 for servicing?
biggrime

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

philipgruver wrote:
I've seen this problem on the M3 and other Korg boards including the X-50, typically store display models that have been abused. Roland used to use something similar on their Alpha Juno models and I remember seeing them slip also. This is probably just wear and tear on a weak mechanical device. I've seen my jog wheel start to slip and I hope it does not get worse. Like you I use my jog wheel a lot and I am very gentle with it. But I am thinking about ordering a replacement now and then have it replaced if and when it fails. Recommendation to Korg is that they abandon this type of jog wheel on future designs and go with a more robust 360 type knob.

I see that you live in the Richmond VA area. Have you tried any of these places recommended by Korg http://www.korg.com/DealerLocatorResults.aspx?type=service&zip=23223 for servicing?

No I have not but, I will. Yes it was wear and tear. I am going to see about it getting fixed and only use it when I sample. Cause trying to get the slice points it hard with the slider. Thanks

BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=59019
philipgruver

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Any updates on Jog wheel performance? Reply with quote

Nedim or Biggrime (or anyone else),

Any changes in the jog wheel performance since you last wrote? Has it gotten worse? Did you replace it? Find a workaround?

For me, no noticeable changes but then I have not been using the wheel that much ( i mostly use it in sampling).
philipgruver

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My jog wheel has pretty much failed. I have to spin it alot to get it to move even a little in either direction.

I've contacted a local service center who say they can service it. They suggested there may be debris on the inside which can be cleaned. Otherwise the unit would have to be replaced.

Is anyone else still having this problem? Any suggestions before I take it in for servicing?
guillex

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggrime! I Have the same problem,since I've got my M3 (used) I've opened it and after cleaning it works better, but is not working perfect.
I've already get useful to it.... Crying or Very sad
biggrime

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guillex wrote:
Biggrime! I Have the same problem,since I've got my M3 (used) I've opened it and after cleaning it works better, but is not working perfect.

Y'all will not believe this. Its work fine now lol. I did nothing. I pretty much stop using it all together. Then I one day tried it and it worked

guillex

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggrime wrote:
guillex wrote:

Y'all will not believe this. Its work fine now lol. I did nothing. I pretty much stop using it all together. Then I one day tried it and it worked

Great!! I hope it will keep on working fine!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: