Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using expression pedal for volume of 1 patch in a combi

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joebcd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Using expression pedal for volume of 1 patch in a combi Reply with quote

Just got the Krome 88 and so far I like it a lot.

Has anyone been able to set up a combi so that an expression pedal will control the volume of one ONE patch?

I tried to figure this out last night and could not.

I am able to get the expression pedal to control the volume of the entire combi. I need to have say a piano and then layer in strings as needed with an expression pedal while I am playing.

Thanks so much in advance.
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If expression is set up for volume in global or if volume is specified as a parameter (amp module) that's controlled by expression pedal as an alternate modulation source (AMS) then it will work for that program. You need that established first.

Then, to exclude all other tracks from receiving that change or control data, you need to look at the set-up of the combi in the MIDI Filter section (if it is similar enough to the Triton it should be combi edit page 4 or 5). On that page you're given a list of modulators (like joystick, slider, sustain pedals, etc.) and you have the option to filter out whether certain tracks receive or use that control.

Tic the boxes for tracks you want to control -- un-tic for those you want to exclude.

The MIDI filter trick is also handy for selectively sustaining in patches like piano & strings where you want to sustain the piano but don't want to start an avalanche of held string notes on top of your sensitive piano melody.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: