Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need assistance - Kinda new to MIDI functionality

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tda70

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Need assistance - Kinda new to MIDI functionality Reply with quote

I recently purchased a new Korg Krome unit, which is awesome, but I have a question in regards to some MIDI functions. I have MIDI files saved onto my SDCard, then I load the file up and play it back through the Sequencer mode. All is good up to this point, now when I play the midi song back, the key of the song is different compared to what I need it in. So I would think I would need to somehow transpose the key to what the key I need it to be played back in, but I can NOT find this feature. I thought I found the Transpose option under the sequenced midi file, and I thought I changed the value to something other, but it sounds exactly the same on play back. What Im I doing wrong? Any help would be great - thank you
jggiano

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure about your "pitch/key" problem, but when I loaded MIDI programs, any edits I made to the sounds, etc. would revert back to the original settings.
The advice I received from a Product Support expert was the following:

Once you load the song into the sequencer, I had to cut the existing program hanges out of the track(s) of the song/sequencer that I wanted to change. For example, on Track 1:
1. Press the SEQ button.
2. Press the PAGE SELECT button.
3. Touch "P6--Track Edit" on the screen.
4. Touch the track selector at the upper left of the screen and select "Track 01"
5. Touch the upper right hand corner pull down menu and select "Event Edit"
6. Uncheck everything EXCEPT for "Program Change" by touching each corresponding square.
7. Touch "OK" to enter the event list.
8. Scroll to the top of the event list by touching the onscreen "up" arrow.
9. Look for the program change within the first few rows of events.
10. Touch the program number on that line. If this is done correctly, it will be highlighted.
11. Touch "Cut".
12. Press "Done" to exit the event edit mode.

Once exiting the Track Edit Mode (EXIT), you can then assign a new program to that track by going to the program select tabs. Save the edited sequence as a .SNG file. To change programs on the rest of the tracks, follow the same steps and go to Save SEQ (WRITE) and give it a different name.

I know that doesn't directly address your problem, but possibly it may help.
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a Krome but I'm thinking the interface must be similar to the Pa3x.
On the Pa3x the procedure is while in Sequencer Mode: Menu, Song Edit, Transpose Tab, Choose Track ALL, change value to + or - the key change, Execute, Save/Write.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: