Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

savings programs in a bank korg x-50

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snatch_404

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: savings programs in a bank korg x-50 Reply with quote

Hi there,
I got a serious problem, hopefully someone can help me out! :?

my questrion is about saving programs, i'm about to perform live and need to store progs so i can easily find them on stage

i've slightly changed a program from organ (C 023 percussion BX3)

i called it Orange BX3

I wanted to save it in the bank C at number 116 in place of a sound called 'wild wasp' belonging to the hit program. It saved it but I think it erased completly the 'wild wasp' sound from the keyboard. It was not my goal! I want to save progs in banks, and being able to find the sound that has been replaced.

How can I do that??

your answers would be much appreciated
:D
owex

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cannot. That's a shame but there is no free bank for user's progs and combis. You have to replace other. But you can do like that- find prog that you won't ever use (eg. some percussion kit) and overwrite it. You can of course come back to the original progs, so all your progs will be deleted and replaced with standard X50 progs. Same with combis. There is such option in Global settings. I think you are even able to choose banks you want to re-change.
snatch_404

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, it's weird! but thank you very much :D
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snatch_404 wrote:
hi, it's weird!

That's normal for synths and workstation... If you create a new sound and then save it to a location other than the original one, it will over-write (replace) whatever sound was at that new location.
owex

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I think it shouldn't be like that. If there was additional bank with 128 (or even less, doesn't matter) Init Progs and same with combis then it would be way better. Same with free space for arpeggio patterns and so on. Well, I know that you can reset everything at any moment so there is no possibility to do something wrong but free space would be really, really helpful. Instruments would cost more, but I'm pretty sure that it would cost Korg like $10 more per one synth.
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

owex wrote:
But I think it shouldn't be like that. If there was additional bank with 128 (or even less, doesn't matter) Init Progs and same with combis then it would be way better.

I agree with you there. That's what I like about my Korg M3... it came with empty user banks for creating original programs and combinations.

Sounds Good
X-Trade

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The X50 and microX are budget synths though. This is one of the features you compromise on for the price.

Seriously, I bought a TR and it's the same, still an entry level synth (identical to X50 but with a sequencer).

I later bought a 2nd hand Karma for less than half the price - should have gone down that route to begin with because it has many more features.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Trade wrote:
The X50 and microX are budget synths though. This is one of the features you compromise on for the price.

Quite true, but as cheap as memory is today... Korg could have included one empty user bank within both of these boards.

Very Happy
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synthoid wrote:
X-Trade wrote:

Quite true, but as cheap as memory is today... Korg could have included one empty user bank within both of these boards.

Very Happy

I'm afraid that accounts for any component in a synth...also note that it's not just 'adding' more memory... also load times will increase, new testing needs to be done, it's not default RAM but nonvolatile RAM and do not forget software changes. Also the development might have started year(s) ago when not the current hardware (let alone cheap prices) were not available.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
owex

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
I'm afraid that accounts for any component in a synth...also note that it's not just 'adding' more memory... also load times will increase, new testing needs to be done, it's not default RAM but nonvolatile RAM and do not forget software changes. Also the development might have started year(s) ago when not the current hardware (let alone cheap prices) were not available.

And maybe something more- they made just a "standard synth", without unnecesary features in order to encourage people to buy more expensive ones. They are like- "If you pay only that much then have a synth that you will very like but after a year you WILL realise that it lacks really important functions.. so buy another synth, this time more expensive..." and so on and on until you buy Kronos... and lots of other stuff meanwhile. I think that's the point. Correct me if I'm wrong Razz
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

owex wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:

And maybe something more- they made just a "standard synth", without unnecesary features in order to encourage people to buy more expensive ones. They are like- "If you pay only that much then have a synth that you will very like but after a year you WILL realise that it lacks really important functions.. so buy another synth, this time more expensive..." and so on and on until you buy Kronos... and lots of other stuff meanwhile. I think that's the point. Correct me if I'm wrong Razz

This might be very true ... and why blame them for it ... if you want less ... you pay less and you get value for that money, if you want more, pay more and buy a Kronos ...

Nobody starts learnign to play piano on a Steinway Grand, and for most people a simple piano is good enough for starting.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:

It's time for some changes. Very Happy

From a performer's standpoint, it would make more sense for all keyboard companies from this point forward to include one empty bank for programs or at least a "favorites" function, please. Plus, newbies don't like overwriting existing sounds, so they need a place for their individual creations. I doubt it would add that much $$$ to the final cost.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synthoid wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:

It's time for some changes. Very Happy

From a performer's standpoint, it would make more sense for all keyboard companies from this point forward to include one empty bank for programs or at least a "favorites" function, please. Plus, newbies don't like overwriting existing sounds, so they need a place for their individual creations. I doubt it would add that much $$$ to the final cost.

Yes I can understand your point, of course I also want to have free locations. However I also can remember forum members who ask: why do I have free slots why there are so many sounds ... why aren't they filled?

But yes in principle it is good to have more (even free or filled).

Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
I also can remember forum members who ask: why do I have free slots why there are so many sounds ... why aren't they filled?

Yes, I guess we can't please everyone. Oh well.

Very Happy
StudioF

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my M50 has so many empty slots why aren't they filled with sounds and combi's Smile Smile Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: