Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Output to input lead 3.5 to 6.35mm

View previous topic :: View next topic  
crashdesk

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Output to input lead 3.5 to 6.35mm Reply with quote

Hi,

Just wondering what lead you all use for the mini to output to a mixer/audio interface?

I need a 3.5 to 6.35mm lead. There aren't many about.

Thanks
CD
el_hombre

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 3.5 to 6.35mm lead that I use, but I don't like the weight of a lead on that jack so I have a little box a friend of mine made for me with a couple of 3.5 inputs on one side and a couple of 6.35 outputs on the other side (he made it to run a couple of monotrons through) which I like more. Now I just run a smaller 3.5 to 3.5 into that box and a standard guitar lead out from that into the amp.

Since my main patch I work from in the band I play my mini with live only uses about 8 patch cables, I usually just use one of these to run into the box.
chris-korg

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:54 pm    Post subject: Proper leads/cable Reply with quote

Look for leads from DAP-AUDIO - they offer all kind of adapter.

Alternative:
Doepfer offers a proper cable.

regards,

Chris
Jamie Munro

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenton also do them

3.5 to 3.5 in 1,2,3 metre lengths

They also do 3.5 to 1/4 Wink
bigbear

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beware of using any sort of 3.5 - 6.5 adaptor lead or plug. I have used one since getting my mini a couple of weeks ago and tonight, the weight of the lead pulled the 'nut' off of the output. Luckily, I was able to clip it back in and all seems to be working fine. This shows that a) The nuts aren't real nuts, but a snap in cosmetic finish and b) to be safe, you need to get or make a 3.5 - 6.5 adaptor box like the one suggested above, as this will take 99% of the strain off of the fragile output connection. I am now a bit worried about the construction quality and long-term life expectancy of my mini! Anybody else had this problem, or am I just unlucky?
bigbear

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beware of using any sort of 3.5 - 6.5 adaptor lead or plug. I have used one since getting my mini a couple of weeks ago and tonight, the weight of the lead pulled the 'nut' off of the output. Luckily, I was able to clip it back in and all seems to be working fine. This shows that a) The nuts aren't real nuts, but a snap in cosmetic finish and b) to be safe, you need to get or make a 3.5 - 6.5 adaptor box like the one suggested above, as this will take 99% of the strain off of the fragile output connection. I am now a bit worried about the construction quality and long-term life expectancy of my mini! Anybody else had this problem, or am I just unlucky?
Frenzies

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to use a 6.5 cable with an adaptor to 3.5, but I too found that the weight on the socket was too much. I bought some 3.5 to 6.5 cables, which work brilliantly on my Volcas, but for some reason don't work on my MS20, so in the end I started using a 3.5 cable with an adaptor to convert to 6.5 into the mixer. This is fine.

Moog Sub 37 - Arturia Microbrute - Roland Gaia SH-01 - Boss DR660 - Akai S1000 - Akai S01 - Yamaha RM1x - Roland SP-404SX

https://soundcloud.com/beardsound
Steve GG

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a couple of sets of Korg MS-Cable 18 Eurorack Patch Cables.

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/cables/dolphin-music-cables/97622-korg-ms20-mini-patch-cables-x18

I took the 750mm patch leads, cut off one of the 3.5 moulded jack plugs, stripped back the insulation and soldered on some Neutrik REAN slimline mono 6.35mm jacks.

http://www.rapidonline.com/cables-connectors/6-35mm-2-pole-black-jack-plug-20-2180

Much more robust and more convenient that messing around with adapters and cheaper than buying ready-made 3.5-6.35 cables.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG MS20 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: