Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Radias Sound Editor - Midi Device Not Recognized

View previous topic :: View next topic  
acerimmer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:34 pm    Post subject: Radias Sound Editor - Midi Device Not Recognized Reply with quote

Hi All,
I just got a Radias and have installed the USB driver and Sound Editor on my Windows 7 (64bit) PC. I find when I open up the editor and go to preferences, In Midi In and Midi Out it says "Not use MIDI device"? When I go to select the device, all it shows is my Roland UA-25EX? I cannot seem to access the Radias.
The Radias shows up in control panel under device manager and it says that it is working properly along with the correct driver.
I have tried running the editor in compatibility mode for XP SP3 but that does not work either.
Not sure what to do, don't know if anyone else had this problem before.
One other thing, I did check to make sure the USB was enabled on the Radias. The Radias also has OS Version 2 installed.
Thanks for your help on this.
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Do you connect the Radias using the same USB port as the first time you connected it? The driver tends to have a problem when connecting it afterwards on another USB port.
You can fix this with the USB config/install tools of KORG when the Radias is connected at the failing port. (See Programs/KORG/USB-MIDI tools)

Do you have also more than 10 midi devices installed on your pc? Because Korg devices only work when they are listed as 1 of the first 10 midi devices.
Have a look here: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=94929

Good luck.
acerimmer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:16 pm    Post subject: Radias Not Recognized In Midi Reply with quote

The reply I received above worked perfect. I watched the You Tube video and did exactly what it said now my Radias works perfect in sound editor and DAW (Sonar).
Thank you very much for you help, I don't know if I would have ever found that fix.
One other thing...I guess if I got another Radias I would do the same except with a different midi port (2)? - I do have another coming by the way.
Many Thanks again, these forums are great in helping people out and I really appreciate the time people take to solve others problems.
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Glad it is working fine now at your side.
For the second Radias, the same will be needed. Not sure how it will work out practically. I never tried to hook up 2 the same Korg devices via USB. Hopefully, they will not be fighting...

Ciao
acerimmer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:51 pm    Post subject: Radias Reply with quote

Yes, we shall see...I am hoping to use port 2 on the midi to get it going. Once again, thanks for your help.
Does anyone have or know where i can get an .INS file for my Radias? I might have to make one but if there is one already available would be much less time consuming.
Thanks Smile
acerimmer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:23 pm    Post subject: 2nd Radias working fine Reply with quote

I got my second Radias yesterday and FYI, it does work fine with my DAW / Sound Editor etc so it is possible to connect 2 up and run at the same time.
I just had to edit the registry again so that the second Radias would install on MIDI 2. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: