Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Playing Styles from Direct USB

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shadowhankron

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject: Playing Styles from Direct USB Reply with quote

Hi

When I upgraded to 2.0.1 OS weeks ago, I recalled reading that with the new OS update, that Styles in Korg PA4X would playdirect from the USB stick without Loading them into USER or DIRECT folders...
How is this Done because I can only load them into the USER/ DIRECT to play them.....

Thank You

Ronnie
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not true Ron

You can only play PA4X styles by linking to a DIRECT SET (which can be on any media - SD/USB/HDD) or loading into the PA4X - where did you read this?

(When you use the DIRECT access feature you ARE actually playing styles directly form USB or SD or HDD - no "loading" involved)

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
shadowhankron

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete

Thanks for the reply

I read on some Forum about it.....but from what I read from your reply you seem to say no Loading from USB to USER..to play

Ronnie
Hungnguyen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read a style direct from USB is not true for korg Pa4X, Pa700 & Pa1000.

Direct is mean as following steps if you want to use it:

1, Create a Folder on your USB with name ( Ex: My Direct Styles)
2, Plug your USB into your Keyboard.
3, Please Global button-Select Mode Preferences -Select Media Tab, on the Left corner of your screen you'll be seeing a letter Direct Folder Browser.
4, Touch your finger on the Browser box and - Go to DISK on the left corner change it to USB and select a folder that you have created above named " My Direct Styles" , and choose the Select command on your right screen to confirm your selection... Press Exit button for exit.
5, Now you can load your Styles into the Direct area on your keyboard, it is next to the User area... Your styles will be temp to borrow the USB to store your styles,

Please note: In Order to use the styles in the Direct area you Must plug in your USB at all the time..
- The other way that you can use the Direct without plug in your USB at all the time is Copy the Direct Folder from your USB and paste it into the HDD or DISK of your Keyboard and repeat the steps 3, and 4 above for linking the Direct Folder path so that it understand which way you want it to read your styles....

That's all the Direct means.

I hope you guys can understand how it works

Thanks
HN
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadowhankron wrote:
I read on some Forum about it.....but from what I read from your reply you seem to say no Loading from USB to USER..to play

That's correct Ronnie.

Direct means exactly that - e.g. no loading just simply direct from the media and access is via the "Direct" banks.
You can only use one SET from your media for this DIRECT access (one at a time) but of course you can change to any other SET when you wish.
You must select an actual "SET" - i.e. any normal ".SET" folder - if that SET comes from an older model then the PA4X will perform a conversion and create a new SET on your media BUT WILL NOT OVERWRITE YOUR ORIGINAL SET.

This is a fabulous feature on the PA4X. See page 911 in the latest PA4X manual.

Hope this helps

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadowhankron wrote:

Direct feature is mostly like Pa4X physical banks expansion concerning Styles & KBD sets !
This feature behaves just like user internal banks , if for instance you load just only a single style , it will play properly
only if sound tracks are pointing exclusively to factory resources and also if KBD sets are assigned to factory Sound banks ,
else it won't work properly until you load user sound & DK resources or even external samples that might have been used
there from original SET.
Direct mode ignores completely SOUND/PCM/PAD resources that are existing in an external SET ... if they're used in
Styles/KBD SETs then must be loaded in Pa4X Sound banks !

In other words , Direct Set is made clearly to read only Korg factory resources that do not use custom sounds/DK & external
samples and in this case you have to load the whole resources of SET !

Hope this helps

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
shadowhankron

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys

Thanks , Hungn guyen ,Antony Sharmman and Pete for the replies...I kind of understand your replies, but it dont explain what I need.
However Thank You again

Ronnie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: